Laundry Facilities On New Rccl Ships

petesweet

Self-serve laundry rooms on RCI would make a huge difference for us - we've been on 5 cruises and have 5 more lined up, only 2 are RCI and lack of self-serve laundry rooms is a big reason (along with no anytime dining and not allowing passengers to bring aboard at least one bottle of wine each!) We are taking a 12-day transatlantic cruise on RCI next September, already I am trying to figure out how to pack light and not have to use their laundry service. RCI - please add self-serve laundry rooms.

It's really not as if you have to get everything you take laundered! I wash out unmentionables by hand, other things, especially pants worn at dinner can be worn 2-3 times without cleaning. My husbands shirts and pants maybe go once each, his underwear is of course laundered more than anything else. Take a look at the prices, figure out what will need to be laundered or cleaned and you may be surprised at how little it will cost.

For a 2 week cruise, I would bet it would be less than $50, not a big expenditure in comparison to the overall cost of a vacation and the added benefit of not having to overpack.

:eek: !!!

I have never had the need for laundry facilities on board... but I am all for RCI putting some in. All those people waiting in line for hours to do LAUNDRY while on a gorgeous cruise ship will free up some loungers on the pool deck and make the line at the Windjammer a tiny bit shorter. :D

Don't get your hopes up :p , it would be a very tiny bit, there were only about 4-5 people waiting in line! The laundry room only had about 6 washers, 3 dryers (as I recall), just a drop in the bucket in comparison to how many pax there are.

My goodness. I go on vacation so I don't have to wash, iron, cook or clean. Can't think of anything more depressing to do. I don't want to give up my afternoon nap to go to the laundermat. If there's something that really needs washing or ironing, then Royal Caribbean can do it for me. Guess if I ever get to go round the world, I'll have pick a line with self service facilities and think about giving up a sea day or two. Until then....

Guess I should change my screen name to "Not a Domestic Goddess". :)

If you have a balcony cabin can you not put a washing line up and dry everything that you wash in the sink. I am sure it would get plenty of air to dry.

HAHAHAHA! Um, no you can't. It's called a fire hazard. Ash from someone's cig could come down and light your undies on fire :eek:

But if they did allow it, that would be funny to see everyone hanging out their laundry to dry. :rolleyes: ;)

Have been on Princess and used their laundry rooms, and found myself getting stressed waiting for an available washer, waiting for someone to take their stuff out of the dryer so my stuff could go in, watching someone who wanted to use the washer,(but what would I do with my wet stuff), and just decided it was much easier to let someone else do the work. That being said, we just got off the Constellation 12 night transatlantic, and spent 2 days precruise in Dover, so when we saw the coupon in the Elite book for "all you stuff into a bag" for $15, it was wonderful. We only sent out stuff that didn't need ironing, socks, underwear, etc., but others sent out things that needed ironing, and they were returned pressed and on hangars. I wish RCI would put that coupon in their books (select on CEL had to pay $20 for the same thing), but I really can't complain about the perks on RCI. They so far outweigh CEL's perks, that while I wish they would include the coupon, it's not a big deal. My understanding is that when the plans were made for Freedom, they had plans to but a laundry room in, but that never materialized. Perhaps they'll have to on Genesis, but I wouldn't beat the house on it.

Archived