Laundry Facilities On New Rccl Ships

petesweet

I made a suggestion to Royal Caribbean about having laundry facilities on these huge new ships (especially in view of the longer itineraries they will probably have), and here is the CEO's response:

"Hi Kathy. Thank you for writing and for your loyalty to Royal Caribbean. It's possible we may include guest laundry facilities on future ships but on existing ships we are unlikely to substitute them in place of guest staterooms. Have a great time on Serenade."

Let's hope they do it!

Ya know, in all seriousness. It wouldn't have hurt to have laundry facilities on Freedom. My daughter spilled something on her favorite blanket and there was NO way I would let it out of our sight to send it to the onboard laundry service. :eek:

So I ended up washing it in the sink and hanging it to dry. :rolleyes:

But a dryer would have been nice.

Laundry on a ship is so nice-much less to pack. We did some mid-way, and stain sticked anything the kids stained before then. I'd love it if the put self serve on new ships.

I don't think they'd lose that much $$ either-those machines were running constantly, and were about $3.50 a load (wash/dry).:rolleyes:

Maybe if enough of us post on how much we'd like to see a laundry room on each deck RC will finally get the idea. How many sailings really have every single inside cabin sold??

My Vote is "YES" to laundry rooms, not just on the new ships, but all of them.

It's hard to understand how Princess, HAL, NCL, Crystal, Regent Seven Seas and Seabourn all manage to have at least minimal self-service laundry services, yet RCI doesn't see the point.

Of course, if they're selling out their cruises, it must not be THAT important to the passengers.

I'm about to take my first cruise with RCI, a 12-night transatlantic with only 3 stops (on the European side). I suspect that by day 9 I''ll know whether the self-service laundry is really important, or not.

Having self-service laundry facilities on board is a huge plus! If I were making all of the decisions for the two of us, I would consider, if not choose, Princess, P & O, HAL, or even Carnival for our trips. As it is, I lobby to take the longer, more exotic trips on Princess, and those laundry facilities are one of the top factors. We are large people---our clothes take up a lot of room in the suitcase. It rocks to take less of them. My trip on the Carnival Legend was brightened by having a spiffy laundry room only steps away from the stateroom.

I don't like sending my clothes out on RCI; it's not the money---we've spent plenty on the whole trip as it is---it's the convenience of being able to do it when I want to do it and spot-treat the spots, and wash it all, but dry only some and hang the delicates up to air-dry......you know what I mean. Plus, no one interrupts my afternoon nap with the finished clothes coming back from the laundry service.

I don't bring certain outfits on RCI because they need to be ironed on a for-real ironing board with a full-sized iron. (Downy Wrinkle Release/bathroom steaming/home dry cleaning bags all failed.) I like to be able to wait until the late afternoon to decide what I'm wearing that evening, and I don't mind going to iron it.

I am cranky that RCI has no facilities for me. :mad: .....just wanted my opinion out there.....

Leslie

Looks like I am the only one who would not use a self service laundry......I'll spend the few bucks and send it out for them to do,if need be.......I am not spending time in a laundromat on a cruise ship..

We are big Princess cruisers mainly because of the laundry facilities. Most of the cruises we take now are 10+ days and my wife wouldn't think of letting the ship launder her clothes for her, she's fanatical about how she does laundry. I like to pack light and I can't on RCCL. We are on an 8 day Jewel cruise in January, mainly because we are burned out on the Princess itineraries and do like RCCL. I hope someone up top reads these posts.

Jim

Looks like I am the only one who would not use a self service laundry......I'll spend the few bucks and send it out for them to do,if need be.......I am not spending time in a laundromat on a cruise ship..

Dont worry I am with you on this :D

Laundry I do every flipping day at home..it is rather nice not to do it for at least 7 days in a year :D

Anyway I can think of tons of other things I prefer to spend my time and money on while cruising :D

Dont worry I am with you on this :D

Laundry I do every flipping day at home..it is rather nice not to do it for at least 7 days in a year :D

Anyway I can think of tons of other things I prefer to spend my time and money on while cruising :D

I'm w/ya on this one too......it's finally a time (albeit only 7 days) where I don't have to worry about doing laundry or cooking or cleaning.........so I could care less whether or not they put in laundry facilities........I sure as heck ain't doing laundry on my cruise!:)

I'll use the self-serve laundry on Princess once in awhile, but I don't have any problem sending stuff out on RCI. The delicates get handwashed and hung to dry (with apologies to my stateroom attendant who has to clean the shower while being draped in them) and they've always done a very good job on everything we've sent to them.

Yes yes yes. This is why out of 15 cruises we've only done RCI once. If I decide to use the ship's laundry instead of the self-serve, that's my choice but at least I've got that choice.

I loved the fact that HAL offered unlimited laundry for a flat rate on our 10 day cruise. RCI, are you listening??????

We have never thought about it, just put things that we wanted to wear again in for laundry. We have only done two B2B cruises 14 days each.

If you have a balcony cabin can you not put a washing line up and dry everything that you wash in the sink. I am sure it would get plenty of air to dry.

I wouldn't do laundry. It something that I don't do at home so why would I want to do it on a Cruise. My dear wife does that and I don't want her to have to worry about it. I am not even sure if I would know how the machine worked or what to do with it.

Self-serve laundry rooms on RCI would make a huge difference for us - we've been on 5 cruises and have 5 more lined up, only 2 are RCI and lack of self-serve laundry rooms is a big reason (along with no anytime dining and not allowing passengers to bring aboard at least one bottle of wine each!) We are taking a 12-day transatlantic cruise on RCI next September, already I am trying to figure out how to pack light and not have to use their laundry service. RCI - please add self-serve laundry rooms.

I wouldn't do laundry. It something that I don't do at home so why would I want to do it on a Cruise. My dear wife does that and I don't want her to have to worry about it. I am not even sure if I would know how the machine worked or what to do with it.

haha.that sounds like my husband....:p :p

Yes yes yes. This is why out of 15 cruises we've only done RCI once. If I decide to use the ship's laundry instead of the self-serve, that's my choice but at least I've got that choice.

I loved the fact that HAL offered unlimited laundry for a flat rate on our 10 day cruise. RCI, are you listening??????

If RCCL is listening,how about making free laundry a Diamond perk??:p (or at least, include a coupon for it in the booklet)

Self-serve laundry rooms on RCI would make a huge difference for us - we've been on 5 cruises and have 5 more lined up, only 2 are RCI and lack of self-serve laundry rooms is a big reason (along with no anytime dining and not allowing passengers to bring aboard at least one bottle of wine each!) .

Sounds like there are other cruise lines perfect for you,just the way they are...

Me either.

We have been on a ship with laundry rooms and to be honest, we couldn't get close to it because it was so busy. There was a line out the door, people were saying they had waited almost 2 hours to start their load. Not my idea of a relaxing on vacation :rolleyes:

We have used the laundry service on several cruises. It was great, fill in the form, leave the bag on the bed and the cabin steward brings it back the next day all pressed and ready to go into the closet. For a family of 4, we've spent on average, around $30 for the stuff we've had laundered/dry cleaned. We're not gamblers, we don't buy souvenirs, we don't buy soft drink cards, so for us the small expense isn't a real big deal.

Me either.

We have been on a ship with laundry rooms and to be honest, we couldn't get close to it because it was so busy. There was a line out the door, people were saying they had waited almost 2 hours to start their load. Not my idea of a relaxing on vacation :rolleyes:

:eek: !!!

I have never had the need for laundry facilities on board... but I am all for RCI putting some in. All those people waiting in line for hours to do LAUNDRY while on a gorgeous cruise ship will free up some loungers on the pool deck and make the line at the Windjammer a tiny bit shorter. :D

Archived