Westerdam

forensic

Have sailed on her twice. We were in a verandah suite. Can't remember the actual class but it was not not 1st class cabin..

SHip was neat, clean, and the crew exvellent. Would sail on her again without a problem.

Ruth & I do prefer the smaller R & S class ships like the Veendam and Volendam. Not as many people and not a crowded....

Have a great cruise which ever ship you choose///

Ruth & Jim

My friend and I were on the Westerdam's first Caribbean cruise in '04 and will soon be on the Dec. 2 cruise (different islands). This will be my friend's 30th cruise (many different lines) and she was the one who suggested we go on the W'dam again. I happily seconded the motion!:D

I am a big fan of the Celebrity Milly class ships. We sailed on the Westerdam's sister ship, the Noordam, last January and felt that it was a close second to the Celebrity ships. To show much we liked it our next two cruises will be on the Noordam and Zuiderdam. I now choose between Celebrity and Hal ships based on itinerary and price.

Having never sailed HAL, we usually sail Celebrity M Class, can you all tell me what you think of the Westerdam? We would be getting VC or higher for a 7 day Caribbean cruise. Thank you!:confused:

Hi Forensic :)

We are elite members of Celebrity's Captain Club and will be taking our first Holland America Cruise on Westerdam next month. After we get back from that cruise, I will be in a good position to answer your question by comparing it with our M class cruises.

BTW, your screen name intrigues me. Are you a forensic scientist?

We sailed on the Westerdam last month and had a great time.

We had an SY suite and had a regular TV and a DVD player. When we went to the library to check out DVDs they asked if we had a player in our room which shocked me because I thought all cabins had DVD. The library person told me that only the suites had DVD so far.

does anyone know if the flat screen tv's and dvd players have been installed? We are sailing on her for New Years. Thanks

According to info from a recent cruiser posted in a thread on the specific issue of flat screen tv's, they should be in place by the time of your cruise. Don't know about dvd players outside suites.

I am on the westerdam ship now waiting to leave. There are no flat screen or dvd players in any balcony rooms.

According to info from a recent cruiser posted in a thread on the specific issue of flat screen tv's, they should be in place by the time of your cruise. Don't know about dvd players outside suites.

We were on the Westerdam last Nov. and really loved it. We had an SS cabin. We usually go on Celebrity and have Sky Suites and the SS on Westerdam was just as large and the balcony was even nicer. We are leaving next week on a TA on the Navigator in a Grand Suite. We hope it will be as nice as the Westerdam. You will enjoy the Westerdam the crew was great and the food was fine. We would go again anytime.:)

Archived