Fishing Off Ship

I must assume that this is a joke. While there are a plethora of dumb persons in our society, no one could be this stupid.

P.T. Barnum or H.L. Mencken, attribution uncertain:

"No one ever went broke OVERestimating the intelligence of the American people."

I have really enjoyed many of your comments, some have made me laugh so much, and that is what things are all about right? laughter, fun!!! Trust me, we will have a very good time on this cruise, these are great friends and we have a similar sense of humor. I truly am going to print this out for him to read. For those that question my/our authenticity, we were previously known on the boards as "ggmichael" and that is how you will find much of our posts, but then something about a new password, you know computers, etc., and MichaelandGeri was born recently. So for those that are truly interested, search away under ggmichael. We went to CC on our first ever cruise and just didn't find it real interesting so never went back, there were only like 10 people there. I think now they are quite a bit bigger. But anyway...just had to let you know we are real, we are not a joke, but we do have a sense of humor. I don't know if my friend is kidding or not, but I am sure after he reads all of these he won't be bringing fishing gear along, not to worry.:)

Ther is a rule against throwing anything over board the ship it is under save the waves section on the GVP .So no you can't fish.

Tj

You have to register for the boards, but you don't have to post one single comment to go to the M&M gathering. We had several on our previous Roll Call who came to our M&M - never met any of them on the boards, and one gal even walked away with all the prizes. Kind of a drag. :rolleyes:

OP, I wouldn't associate with him if he insists on fishing. Funny as it may sound to do, it sure won't be when guilt by association has you all standing on the dock at the next port. :p

And if you read the comment I was replying to, they were talking about the boards and not registering... And if you read earlier parts of this string of posts, you'd see I understood that ... in fact I commented on meeting people at a M&M that confessed to being lurkers. :rolleyes: indeed.

And if you read the comment I was replying to, they were talking about the boards and not registering... And if you read earlier parts of this string of posts, you'd see I understood that ... in fact I commented on meeting people at a M&M that confessed to being lurkers. :rolleyes: indeed.

Well - I do apologize for any offense as it certainly wasn't intended. Sometimes there is miscommunication on a message board - my ":rolleyes: " face certainly wasn't for you and in fact I was agreeing with what you had said, and I guess I will be more careful to read every single post in a thread before I comment. I see that the very thing I mentioned has already been discussed. Sorry for the lack of clarity.

Ok I am almost embarassed to ask this LOL but we are going on a cruise with some very good friends and he insists he is going to fish off the ship while we are moving...or even in port lol...we are up on 8th floor or something like that; he wants to fish off his balcony. He says there is nothing in the rules that say you can't do it, I said that is the stupidest thing I ever heard...but we are all having a good laugh from it. He insists he is going to do it...please tell me nobody has ever heard of anything so ridiculous???????

:):)

With the 8th deck being about 90 ft above the water, is he going to bring

a roll of 40lb test line the size of a steamer trunk ????????????????????????

:confused::confused::confused:

I, too, recall seeing something that clearly states that fishing and kite flying are prohibited. (My DH wanted to take a kite when we had an aft balcony.) Now some people do fish when they are on the islands, but don't pack knives or anything like that because they won't let you through security with them!

Kite flying was not prohibited on the Rhapsody repositioning sailing in September. There was a guest flying his kite every single day for hours at the aft. of the ship and he was seen not only by the cameras installed, but also by crew, officers and even the Captain walking by.

The 8th deck is pretty high up. Hope he's planning on using a good heavy weight (i.e. a 20lb boat anchor) 'cause otherwise the hook will blow back on board.

Goodness only knows what he might catch. Swimsuits, beer mugs, Sea Passes...anything lying around on balconies below.

Good luck,

Alan

He might hook a chair hog or two :D

Archived