Long but hopefully informative Quest review

kk99

Thanks for the informative review! I'm considering Azamara for my honeymoon and I'd love to see those files of yours. If you or anyone else could email them to me, I'd be happy to host them on my website for everyone else to download.

I can be reached at @gmail.com, where my address is brownd. Thanks!

eventho we did not get an invite for the innaugral, been Elite since 2004, our TA stated she wanted to wait to book us for Panama Canal in February. Not sure if Quest or Journey, but I will take either. By that time they should all know their jobs & it will be wonderful. The photos we've seen are fabulous, as we don't remember R ships being this beautiful. So we are ready......... now an ad for FREE AIR would make our day.

Hi Donna,

That would be great if you forward them either to me or to Dave to scan in and add to the pdf file. Thank you Dave for hosting it. Perhaps one of the hosts can turn the link into a sticky so more people will get to see the initial information before their upcoming cruise. I'm sure lots of people would love to see the Discoveries menu and computer info. I didn't think to pick one up. You can send it to khibbs@loewarren.com Have a great evening,

kk

Hi everyone,

Well I still don't have my pictures up yet but will do so shortly. I've emailed everyone so far with the pdf attachment who has requested it.

Helen and Juergen's comment about the library was something my Mom also commented on (lack of books). Mom donated the two bestseller hardbacks she had read while we were in Miami before the trip to the library. It's an honor system for borrowing(no checkout sheet or anything) Maybe, future cruisers if they finish a book on the trip, instead of repacking it, might donate it to the library for future guests' enjoyment. They also a chess set, and other games in the reading room with very comfortable seating. Anybody else who wants the the pages I scanned, please email me.

kk

I'd love to see your pdf's. Thank you! Peter

peterc6@bellsouth.net

Hi Donna,

That would be great if you forward them either to me or to Dave to scan in and add to the pdf file. Thank you Dave for hosting it. Perhaps one of the hosts can turn the link into a sticky so more people will get to see the initial information before their upcoming cruise. I'm sure lots of people would love to see the Discoveries menu and computer info. I didn't think to pick one up. You can send it to khibbs@loewarren.com Have a great evening,

kk

I have posted all of them on the website I made for the cruise. Feel free to add them to your .pdf, I don't have the software to do that. They are here: http://www.lachances.com/Cruise/Quest/documents-from-ship.htm

Hi everyone,

Thanks Donna for the Discoveries menu and internet page. I also found the rate schedule which I've made into a pdf file along with Donna's information and emailed to Dave for posting on his webpage. Anyone wants this next addition along with the first, just email me. For general information, the internet rate is 65 cents a minute, $40 for 75 minutes, $60 for 125 minutes, $80 for 185 minutes, and $100 for 260 minutes. There are some Captain's Club coupons for additional discounts, but since my butler never delivered my coupons, perhaps someone else can comment on them. The wireless rate , from what I can recall from my charges was in line with the rate schedule. My Mom asked me if I was going to get her the tote bag passed out on the ship. I guess I'm going to email Customer service, and see if I can buy one for her. She is already asking my brothers and sisters which cruise they are going to take her on next year! Even with all of the small glitches, it was worthwhile to do this inaugural.

k.k.

Sorry, no special pool, however, the hot tubs, and the one outside of the spa on the deck was quite relaxing. It is a small ship, about 1/2 the size of the Mercury so there just wasn't any place to add it to. Watching the sunset from the sunset bar or from the spa deck was quite nice.

kk

Sorry, no special pool, however, the hot tubs, and the one outside of the spa on the deck was quite relaxing. It is a small ship, about 1/2 the size of the Mercury so there just wasn't any place to add it to. Watching the sunset from the sunset bar or from the spa deck was quite nice.

kk

That is the pool they are referring to!!! One of the reasons they don't have a bigger pool, is the amount of passengers???? (People still stuck on Mass market ships) and they have rather port intensive itineraries...ON Renn and Oceania...few people used the pool, were ashore touring, and too tired after returning! Plus the average AGE of cruisers on this type of ship is slightly, well frankly greatly older than Carnival, RCCL etc. Not that interested in pool!! SUN yes pool no. THis isn't the type of cruise you take for fun and games aboard.:rolleyes:

Hi Darcie,

This was the inaugural sailing on October 24, 2007. There was a two daynonpaid preview sailing immediately preceding the inaugural for VIPS, travel agents and invited guests. If anyone else wants the pdfs, just post up. I just sent a letter to Dan Hanrahan, the President and CEO of Azamara, as well as to Captain's Club about my experiences, and gave them links to the reviews on the first sailing. If I receive a response, and /or the tote bag for my mom, I'll post it back. I do know that they read the boards, and I hope that they will take the constructive comments to heart and improve on all future voyages for the Quest. She is a lovely ship, and hopefully they will shortly make big improvements in customer service onboard.

kk

Does anyone know is the Hieke the Hotel Director the same lady as was married to one of the Captains - she was a delight and she was working with Marcela from Guest Relations on the cruise we met her at - they looked like twins

Hi, I do believe that Heike is one and the same person uktog met on a prior cruise. I do know butlers exist on the ship but mine was more of an illusionist! If anyone else needs the pdf files, let me know. I'm sorry to hear that Andy had a such a rough few days on the five day trip following ours. At least we did have smooth sailing.

kk

Archived