Butterfly Farm?

NCTribeFan

There's an "excursion" offered for Butterfly Sanctuary located near Havensight dock. Carnival asks $14.50 pp for this.

We don't sail until 8:00 pm, and our shopping/tour/beach excursion returns us to the pier at 4:00 pm.

Does anyone know anything about this? Since we have quite a bit of time, I thought DD might like to see this place. I searched the VI Now site but didn't see it listed anywhere. I'm wondering if it closes at 5 pm, and what the entrance fee is.

It gets dark early here, so it really can't stay open too late or you won't be able to see the butterflies.

Probably if you're there in time for the 4:30 tour, they wouldn't put you out at 5 if you want to linger a bit. There are some beautiful butterflies and tropical flowers, and it's a good chance to immerse yourself in a tropical garden for a change of pace. You can also take fantastic photos if photography is one of your interests.

Of course, they have a gift shop that doesn't cost you a thing to visit!

• 3 weeks later...

There isn't a beach within walking distance of the Butterfly Farm, if that's what you mean, but there is a beach about a mile away. It's Morning Star beach where the Marriott Frenchman's Reef is. You would have to take a cab, and they charge per person.

However, right across the street from the Butterfly Farm is Paradise Gate, which is a restaurant, bar, Internet cafe, video game center, gym, coffee bar with a pool and volleyball court. At one point the pool was open to anybody who ate or drank there for no fee, but I can't guarantee that's still the case. If you dock at Havensight, you'll probably be able to see your ship from the windows of Paradise Gate.

Archived