Wine pkg delivered to cabin?

39august

Someone posted on another thread that if you purchase the wine package and speicify to deliver it to your cabin, you are not charged the 15% gratuity. Can anyone substantiate this? We always get the package and always have been charged 15%. But we have never had it delivered to the cabin. Which we will do if this claim is true.

Whether you order the wine package in advance or onboard, the 15% gratuity is added.

If you order individual bottles of wine prior to your cruise from the Wine Cellar list, RCI only adds $1.50 to the base price of the bottle. Those bottles can be delivered to your stateroom or to your cabin. If you order individual bottles on the ship, 15% will be added to the base price. Keep in mind that there is a much larger selection onboard than on the Wine Cellar list.

And if you have the wine delivered to your cabin and then bring a bottle to the dining room, you may end up paying a corkage fee - we never have, but I've read that some people were charged on Radiance last year.

I thought that we would not pre-order any wine, and just purchase as we go, so that we can advantage of a larger wine list.

I understand that any wine not finished in the dining room can be saved for later (in the dining room) or brought back to your room.

Question: Can a full bottles be purchased anywhere on the ship specifically for consuming in our room? Or do we have to pre-order for delivery?

Thanks!!!

You can get a bottle of wine at most of the bars and restaurants and bring it back to your cabin. You can also order from room service - if you order when the dining room is open you can order from the full list not just the choices listed in the room service menu booklet. No need to pre-order!

If you order individual bottles of wine prior to your cruise from the Wine Cellar list, RCI only adds $1.50 to the base price of the bottle.

I never knew that...........we always pre order some so its already paid for by the time we get on........

Of course,we do supplement that stash once onboard..

:D :D

Seriously, you get a much better selection if you just wait to get your wine on the ship. Still noting fantastic, but much better than the crappy pre-order list. And you can order it anywhere and take it anywhere. You don't have to just consume it in the dining room.

The wine and dine package does not let you choose delivery to your cabin. You have to prder individual bottles if you want them delivered there.

We have had individual bottles from our wine and dine package delivered to the cabin on every cruise. We just pick up the phone, call room service and tell them what we want and tell them that it will come off our wine and dine package and always had it delivered. Of course with the wine and dine package, whether you pre order or buy it on the ship, the 15% is added at the time of purchase so there is no getting around the gratuity one way or the other........

We have had individual bottles from our wine and dine package delivered to the cabin on every cruise. We just pick up the phone, call room service and tell them what we want and tell them that it will come off our wine and dine package and always had it delivered. ........

They wouldnt let us do that last year on the Mariner.:( (I think we had this discussion before..:p )

I never knew that...........we always pre order some so its already paid for by the time we get on........

Of course,we do supplement that stash once onboard..

:D :D

Seriously, you get a much better selection if you just wait to get your wine on the ship. Still noting fantastic, but much better than the crappy pre-order list. And you can order it anywhere and take it anywhere. You don't have to just consume it in the dining room.
Hey.as long as it's not Boones farm,Im ok......:p

Seriously,I just passed on the wine they offer with the DP amenity cause I think its crap..

They wouldnt let us do that last year on the Mariner.:( (I think we had this discussion before..:p )

Maybe we have just been lucky:) Of course there are some things we all know that don't seem to have any policy from ship to ship, let alone cruise to cruise.:rolleyes:

Hey.as long as it's not Boones farm,Im ok......:p

Seriously,I just passed on the wine they offer with the DP amenity cause I think its crap..

Oh my! Boones Farm?!? Haven't heard that name in years! lol. That stuff will get you drunk and a horrible headache.

Maybe we have just been lucky:) Of course there are some things we all know that don't seem to have any policy from ship to ship, let alone cruise to cruise.:rolleyes:
So true!!

Oh my! Boones Farm?!? Haven't heard that name in years! lol. That stuff will get you drunk and a horrible headache.
I cant believe its still out there.............good old Strawberry hill now goes for $2.99!!:D

hi all, does anyone have a phone number or web address of a delivery company, that will make up a delivery basket with wine for my room? We are going out of San Juan. Or how are the agents at the San Juan pier...I know if Itry to bring something on...it will get confiscated.

I was reading an other board and they said to use Just Because of You (JBOY) and had a 800 number listed...I called it and it was disconnected. :confused: :confused: :confused:

On Sovereign last month, we called room service and had a bottle from our wine and dine package and a cheese plate delivered to our stateroom each day for pre-dinner consumption. They were confused the first day we did this, and the head waiter ended up being the one to deliver it (and apologizing for the confusion). After that, they delivered it, no problem.

BTW, two buck chuck is not really as bad as you would think, but Trader Joes Coastal, for just a couple dollars more, is much more drinkable!

Two Buck Chuck is still $1.99 at Trader Joe's stores in California. It's $3 in Arizona and I think it's $4 on the East Coast in the stores that are allowed to sell wine.

Kathy, I spent far too much time before our Jewel Baltics cruise figuring out the best strategy to save about $5 total on wine, LOL. The prices on the Wine Cellar list didn't jibe with the regular wine list, until I finally figured out the flate per bottle surcharge.

So after all that research, I ordered a bottle of Jibe Pinot Noir. A bottle of Twin Fin PN was in our cabin with a note that they didn't have the Jibe on board. The Twin Fin costs about $15 less, and that really set me off. So we went off to the Concierge and asked her to get us something better, not something worse. When we arrived back in the cabin the Jibe was waiting for us.

No more pre-ordering for me.

Someone posted on another thread that if you purchase the wine package and speicify to deliver it to your cabin, you are not charged the 15% gratuity. Can anyone substantiate this? We always get the package and always have been charged 15%. But we have never had it delivered to the cabin. Which we will do if this claim is true.

I ordered the Wine & Dine package and asked that it be delivered to our cabin. I was told it was not possible because of the word "Dine" in the package. It will be brought to our table. After it is opened if we choose we can bring it back to our cabin or have them keep it for us for the next dining time. You are still charged a one-time 15% gratuity whether it is brought to your cabin or table. What you are saving on is the $10.00 corking fee evertime you open another bottle of wine.

I hope this answers your questions.

hi all, does anyone have a phone number or web address of a delivery company, that will make up a delivery basket with wine for my room? We are going out of San Juan. Or how are the agents at the San Juan pier...I know if Itry to bring something on...it will get confiscated.

I was reading an other board and they said to use Just Because of You (JBOY) and had a 800 number listed...I called it and it was disconnected. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Drop me a note at snelsonbrown@aol.com - I only deliver to Port Canaveral

but I may be able to help you.

Always

Shirley

After reading this I'm still somewhat confused:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experiencetypes/experiencetype/experience/home.do;jsessionid=0000nsbnVlmY6Ed0zeM-IzXf2QE:12hdhubrs?br=R&exCode=32

This indicates that you can only use the wine & dine package at dinner and only one bottle each night.

So what happens if I try and use it lunchtime in the Windjammer? And what happens if I try to order a second bottle at dinner? Will this come off my w&d package or will I have to order it separately? We would probably only have an additional glass each from this bottle so presumably we could have it recorked and served the following night. I was going to pre-order a 12 bottle package for a 7-night cruise so that we could have wine at lunch and dinner. Is this possible?

Archived