shuttle from FLL to Port of Miami

brandy3415

I searched the posts on this board to find information on shuttles from the FLL airport, which everyone seems to agree is preferable to flying to MIA. I found the shuttle (GO) for $18 pp. I got a peculiar message back from them about unavailability, so I will ask here...

Does anyone know if during the Century short cruise season in the winter if the GO shuttle operates on Thursdays and Mondays?

Thanks

Carol

GOShuttle operates 7 days a week. Reservations are not required.

When you arrive at the airport, collect your luggage and go outside the baggage claim area, lower level, curbside, contact one of the starters (customer services reps.) wearing a white shirt with "GO AIRPORT SHUTTLE" in green on the back of the shirt and an emblem on the sleeve and over the breast pocket. Let the starter know what service you are interested in and he/she will assist you

///////

No. All of there transportation is value priced for trips originating at FLL. They do have a towncar service that will pick you up at the port but their pricing is not as competitive as other private companies you can read about on these boards.

///////////////

What are the pros and cons to flying in & out of FLL vs MIA if the cruise ship is leaving out of the port of Miami? Which airport is closer and is there a definite advantage of using one vs the other (or should one just use the one with the better connection) ??? Thanks.

Bill

We live on the West Coast of Florida and of course will need to drive to Miami to get to the cruise. My husband mentioned flying in because of the time it takes to drive, the fatigue level when we get there, and the expense of pier parking as well.

Prices to Miami are pushing towards $200 pp. Which would make $400 for flights, $30 for parking on our side, plus cost of shuttle to pier (I think $24 if I read it correctly) And then shuttle back--about $500.

Flying to FLL I found SW flight for about 119 total pp. 238 plus 72 for the shuttles and 30 to park on our side--about 150 less.

We still have not decided whether to drive or fly. Time will actually not be much less, we just have to weigh everything.

What are the pros and cons to flying in & out of FLL vs MIA if the cruise ship is leaving out of the port of Miami? Which airport is closer and is there a definite advantage of using one vs the other (or should one just use the one with the better connection) ??? Thanks.

Bill

FLL can be significantly cheaper depending on your origination city...disounters Southwest and AirTran service FLL and not MIA so that is one reason...the other is theat FLL is less crowded and less annoying than MIA to get around...etc. So, cost and ease are big factors...

yes, you must include transportation to and from which may eat into savings....but if you do the math, and figure the extra 30-45 minutes between FLL and POM then it may be worth it!

MIA is obvisouly the closer airport to the POM but only you can decide for yourself which would be better....if you don't care about cost of flights and want to be closer, then choose MIA. (Sometimes, i have gotten fares into MIA that are less than FLL, or so close that it doesn't make sense for me to go to FLL.....)

We live on the West Coast of Florida and of course will need to drive to Miami to get to the cruise. My husband mentioned flying in because of the time it takes to drive, the fatigue level when we get there, and the expense of pier parking as well.

Prices to Miami are pushing towards $200 pp. Which would make $400 for flights, $30 for parking on our side, plus cost of shuttle to pier (I think $24 if I read it correctly) And then shuttle back--about $500.

Flying to FLL I found SW flight for about 119 total pp. 238 plus 72 for the shuttles and 30 to park on our side--about 150 less.

We still have not decided whether to drive or fly. Time will actually not be much less, we just have to weigh everything.

re: the 72 RT PP for shuttles...not sure what service you are using, but just as an FYI, the go shuttle does not return FROM MIA/POM to FLL for that price...(18 PP)....they do not offer that service. (well they do, but it is a private car, and substantially more expensive!)...

...and if you already knew that, you can ignore this post...just trying to help!!!:)

Bill

I am flying into FLL and out of MIA and my cruise is out of Miami. The Pros/Cons are that the flight into FLL was cheaper. Since we are renting a car (and no drop off fee in MIA) it did does not cost more to drive to Miami (we are staying overnight in Miami). We are flying out of MIA since the cab from the Miami port will be cheaper.

If I was trying to fly in the same day I would be more comfortable flying into MIA since I would be closer to the port.

FLL can be significantly cheaper depending on your origination city...disounters Southwest and AirTran service FLL and not MIA so that is one reason...the other is theat FLL is less crowded and less annoying than MIA to get around...etc. So, cost and ease are big factors...

yes, you must include transportation to and from which may eat into savings....but if you do the math, and figure the extra 30-45 minutes between FLL and POM then it may be worth it!

MIA is obvisouly the closer airport to the POM but only you can decide for yourself which would be better....if you don't care about cost of flights and want to be closer, then choose MIA. (Sometimes, i have gotten fares into MIA that are less than FLL, or so close that it doesn't make sense for me to go to FLL.....)

AirTran flights for the dates that I needed were actually the same as USAirways ($366 each way last time I checked - not a bargain!)

Archived