Live from Voyager

DebbieH103

I heard the cave tour was nice but had not heard details. Thanks for sharing them.

For packing, bring a small med kit - some bandaids, sinus meds and any other meds you think you might want or need. The ship's shop is extremely limited in what they offer for practical items.

Thank you for the good information. I am planning my first of three cruises on Regent in Dec. I have cruised Silversea and Crystal so I appreciate the comparisions. A quick question- Can you order caviar with dinner on Regent?

Thanks.

If I was a travel writer I would embark on a cruise ready to make comparisons. That is if I were sophisticated and experienced, and my boss paid me !!

After 3 Regent cruises we boarded Silverseas Shadow. We met several passengers who had done the same. We were in the same boat !! Not once did we ever make comparisons. Why would any of us want to do that ?

Sure, there are small 'deficiences' and differences between lines. Who cares ?

Unless, of course, they are of major consequence. I glanced over the last report from the ship. (Who has time on a cruise?!!) There was nothing of consequence to be of import. Experiences in ports are important especially when travellers keep a very open mind. Comparisons of this type are not only helpful but interesting and add to life's experiences.

If caviar is on the Compass Rose menu for the day it comes at no cost. Other than that, caviar is an extra charge. You used to be able to get it at no extra charge any time, but some folks abused the perk and they went thru 800 lb of caviar during a 7 day cruise. That was the end of that! At the Captain's party and the SSS party they have caviar at no charge as well.

No ice sculpture at the captain's party, either. No decoration of any kind, just a few trays of canapes passed around and 30 minutes of introductions. We had to find the servers ourselves. They put a lot more emphasis on the nice deck parties they had like the fish bbq (which had an ice sculpture) and the paella party.

Archived