Valor Eastern 10/21 Review

Chigirlcruzin

We were in the new terminal, and were seated in row 4. We were told boarding would be by rows. This was the procedure they followed in the old terminal in May, so I had no reason to doubt that. Around 11:50, they started boarding. Instead of doing it in rows, it was a free for all. People that were several rows behind us plowed ahead. It was a bit irritating, but we were on board by 12:15. If they had boarded in rows, we would have been on by noon. Not a huge deal, but not really fair to people like us that followed the rules. I did make note in my comment card - the problem was they only had one person downstairs.

I wonder whether this is the fault of Carnival or of the Port of Miami...

Thanks for the review! We are doing the same Valor cruise on Feb 10th.

My question is about the past guest party. You mention that it is on Thursday night. We are planning on going to Scarlette's on Thursday since it'll be Valentine's Day. What time was the past guest party? We don't want to miss it.

Thanks!

Thanks for the review! We are doing the same Valor cruise on Feb 10th.

My question is about the past guest party. You mention that it is on Thursday night. We are planning on going to Scarlette's on Thursday since it'll be Valentine's Day. What time was the past guest party? We don't want to miss it.

Thanks!

There was one at 5 for early seating and another at 7 for late seating.

Thanks for the review.

Do you happne to remember which night on the cruise served filet mignon?

I had the filet at both Scarletts and on Wed. in the dining room. The one in Scarletts was better, but the one in the dining room was very good too. Both had great flavor and were perfectly cooked!

What a great family get together. It is so nice to introduce first timers to the cruising experience. thanks for sharing.

Yup, and we had a great time. I think the nicest thing was that we were able to do what we wanted during the day and then meet up for meals or pool time. Parents, DH and I did a tour together in Nassau with Trevor that lasted a few hours. It was a bit long for me so DH and I decided to do our own thing during the other port stops and it worked out great. We could spend as little or as much time with family as we wanted. We didn't get sick of each other like we would've if we would've been on a land vacation at a resort.

I did have some crabby times though and my dad primarily took the wrath of that. It's not easy being on a cruise at 12 1/2 weeks pregnant. I told them in the beginning, when I need to eat, I need to eat now!!! :D

There was one at 5 for early seating and another at 7 for late seating.

We have an early seating, but are in St Martin til 6pm. We've got quite an action packed day planned, then Supper Club reservations for 7:30. Do you think they'd let us go to the 7pm past guest party instead of the one at 5pm?

We have an early seating, but are in St Martin til 6pm. We've got quite an action packed day planned, then Supper Club reservations for 7:30. Do you think they'd let us go to the 7pm past guest party instead of the one at 5pm?

You will be given an invitation to the past guest party and it's your choice whice one you go to. You just can't attend both because they take your invitation at the door.

Absolutely. The invitation states both times, and they aren't going to know dinner seating you have.

There were not a lot of people my age on this cruise, and it seemed that ones that were there weren't interested in partying!

Now how can you say that? i sat right in front of you all week and drank like a fish, well at least we may have given you something to laugh at during the week.:D

WHEN DO WE GO AGAIN??!!!!!!!

Now how can you say that? i sat right in front of you all week and drank like a fish, well at least we may have given you something to laugh at during the week.:D

WHEN DO WE GO AGAIN??!!!!!!!

I meant at night! I never saw y'all at the piano bar or disco!

I WANT TO GO NOW!!! Actually, not really, we dodged a bullet with TS Noel. I may be cruising again sooner than I think...Cabo has already been cancelled:rolleyes:

Gotta run...have a date tonight;)

I meant at night! I never saw y'all at the piano bar or disco!

I WANT TO GO NOW!!! Actually, not really, we dodged a bullet with TS Noel. I may be cruising again sooner than I think...Cabo has already been cancelled:rolleyes:

Gotta run...have a date tonight;)

It was nice to meet you! Nice review. I am still "rocking" so I have not composed one yet. My asthma has been getting worse each day. DH was so worried by my wheezing in my sleep that he wanted me to go to the ER. (I did not go...I would need to be dragged out!)

We loved the piano bar and the girls LOVED Camp Carnival.

I must say, we met some of the nicest people ever, on this cruise!:D

Thank you for a great review. I will be on the Valor 12/8/07 for 7 days and have enjoyed all the reviews I have read about the ship. I do know that some people do write negative reviews, but everything is in that persons perception. Once again thank you, and I hope I enjoy myself as much as you did.

It was nice to meet you! Nice review. I am still "rocking" so I have not composed one yet. My asthma has been getting worse each day. DH was so worried by my wheezing in my sleep that he wanted me to go to the ER. (I did not go...I would need to be dragged out!)

We loved the piano bar and the girls LOVED Camp Carnival.

I must say, we met some of the nicest people ever, on this cruise!:D

I'm glad someone else is rocking

it was definately nice to put some faces with everybody. i look forward to chatting with everyone......and remember if some girls from chicago promise pole dances on the lido deck, their just kidding:p

Oh but I saw you at the piano bar. Guess i was just so quite you missed me. He he.

We partied by the pool so hard there was no party left for the disco.

LOL;) I'm still rocking a bit. My dad bowls several times a week - twice on Tuesdays. Talked to my mom last night and she said he didn't bowl as well as he normally does yesterday morning due to the rocking sensation. Today should be the last day of it for me based on my history.

LOL;) I'm still rocking a bit. My dad bowls several times a week - twice on Tuesdays. Talked to my mom last night and she said he didn't bowl as well as he normally does yesterday morning due to the rocking sensation. Today should be the last day of it for me based on my history.

I finally got my legs back today. The last 2 nights working as long as i was in the car moving i was ok but when i stopped i'm sure people thought i was drunk.

You will be given an invitation to the past guest party and it's your choice whice one you go to. You just can't attend both because they take your invitation at the door.

Thank you and Chigirlcruizin for the info!

• 8 months later...

Archived