Found Our First Dance Song!

RachieLnnn

Hooray! We have been back and forth sooo many times on this first dance thing. Neither of us could agree.

We finally found "Love Me Tender" by Norah Jones - she has such a pretty voice and I've always loved the words to that song.

Now we just have to figure out father/daughter and mother/son dances and we'll be set!

Anyone have any suggestions? What are you dancing to? (If in fact, you are having these dances at your reception...)

So exciting, less than 4 weeks to go! :D

Our first dance is Into the Mystic by Van Morrison.

Father daughter dance is Heartlands I loved her first. But I am still toying with the idea of cutting if off in the middle and putting on a rolling stones song--my dads FAVORITE band. My dad has almost completely lost his sight so hes been really emotional lately. And I want him to be happy on my wedding day. So I think that will be just the thing to perk him up.

GL!

Our first dance is Into the Mystic by Van Morrison.

Father daughter dance is Heartlands I loved her first. But I am still toying with the idea of cutting if off in the middle and putting on a rolling stones song--my dads FAVORITE band. My dad has almost completely lost his sight so hes been really emotional lately. And I want him to be happy on my wedding day. So I think that will be just the thing to perk him up.

GL!

Oh that is a great idea, I think that amongst all the emotion and tears from your dad, this will give him the laugh he needs. What a great idea. We are dancing too Making memories of us by keith urban and for father/daughter song we are dancing too My little girl by Steve Irwin. Do you have to do a Mother son dance? Have not planned this yet, would it be rude to leave it out?

I'm glad you found a song! :)

For the Father/Daughter dance we're using "My Wish" by Rascal Flatts. Mother/son dance is "There You'll Be" by Faith Hill. Somehow country music kept popping up in our heads! Our first dance isn't country at least! That'll be "Everything I Do" by Bryan Adams.

We are going to be bring our own CDs. We have already started to compile music in playlists. I plan to type out very specific instructions for our special songs, i.e. first dance, father/daughter. I would love to hear how past brides worked out all the music with DJ.

Hi....having been on the dj side of being a dj at a wedding....if it were me, i would bring a cd of songs you wanted to play.......makes it easier...and although we had a HUGE collection of music at the time, sometimes there was a song that we didn't have.....and the wedding party supplied it....one pal of mine got married and her DJ was so bad and didn't have a lot of the songs that i gave him 20 bucks to get lost for an hour....i brought in all my CDs and cassettes, and eveyone else did too....let's say other people told him to get lost for longer...one of the other guests and i took over.....true story!

BTW...there is a song by Tracy Byrd called the Keeper of the Stars that a friend of mine used as her first dance.....

http://www.lyricsfreak.com/t/tracy+byrd/the+keeper+of+the+stars_20140219.html

just a thought......

(i like reading all the wedding stuff you gals post....good luck....have fun!)

Archived