Live from the Enchantment...will we make it home???

hardingk

Kim

I’m so glad to hear from you! Glad you & david are having a good time. Francis is supposed to hit land sometime saturday afternoon to Sunday morning. Time unsure since she has slowed down(cat.3).Originally was supposed to hit Saturday morning.Glad to know you will be at sea.. Today the ft. Lauderdale airport closes at 10am., Orlando at noon, Miami and tampa open but can close at anytime. News reports you can’t even get into the airports without a ticket. Stay safe and enjoy the extra time on the ship! Let me know if I can help in any way.

Trish

Hardingk...I'm so glad to know you're all safe. My sister and her husband are with you on their honeymoon. I want to make sure that they don't worry about anything. I have rescheduled their flights for Monday. Their names are Janie Zinger and Matt Linscott. All I know is that they are on Deck 2 in an oceanview cabin. Is there any way this message could be passed on to the purser's desk to let them know? I am eternally grateful!

Thanks SOOO much!... Julie

Glad to hear you are having a good time on your cruise. I have been constantly checking the Hurricane updates on the RCCL site. I was getting frustrated that they were mentioning just about every cruise but yours! Glad to get a first-hand report. Now that you are spending a little more time at sea, do you still have to have your luggage out in the hallway tonight? Say "hi" to David.

Hi there darling "Daughter" Kim,

Have a drink for me - I was wondering if they were going to keep you out to sea since they are delaying the next cruise on your ship. Heck if you have to drive home from Florida stop in & visit me.

Pat

ps - I wouldn't want to be putting my luggage out early - who knows where it will end up and you might never get it back

Oh my Harding you have gotten yourself into a sweet mess! WOW a couple extra days in paradise....I envy you! Hope you all stay safe and well fed AND get a decent flight out of there in the coming days. That will be the hard part I suppose.

I can't wait to hear THIS review!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs to my cruise critic Enchantment buddies....

Just my humble opinion, but given the unknown nature of this storm, people may want to hold off reschedule flghts. Yesterday Carnival was saying the Glory would return on Monday but today they're saying Tuesday. I think another 24 hours is need to know exactly what is gonna happen.

Hi Kim and David,

From what I can tell, you'll probably not dock back in fl untilt at least Mon.

Francis has slowed down and landfall on the fl coast will probably be around midnight Sat. If the storm remains about the same strength and size, Ft. Lauterdale will be just outside the troical storm wiind area. Enjoy the rest of the

cruise.

Barry

The people that are out there right now are soooo lucky - they're getting an extra 2-3 days added on their vacation. Can you imagine how great that would be - the deal of the century! I mean what boss would fire an employee whose life is "at risk" :D (but we know theres no risk on the ships but others dont know:p ) due to a natural disaster. So I mean you'd still have your job, a great trip and a great deal. Whats the point of coming home anyways, not like you could get a flight home.

Now the poor people who are due out this weekend, however, couldn't of picked a worse week

I can only think of 1 reason to pay for a flight home when I would be on a cruise ship in Belize and the outlook is that I am going to be stuck an extra day on a cruise ship. I would lose my job if I wasn't at work Monday. Other than that, I am thinking, pour me another Martini bartender. :D ;)

jc

Martini for you, Pina Colada for me, Cheers.

Reggie

at the noon captain's address, he said that we will be sitting int he gulf of mexico, south of cuba until they know when we can get into FLL.

I have passed on the message to Crystal & Forrest by leaving a note at their door. The line is really long at the pursar's desk with people complaining about how they can't get home.....others are exstatic!! I am just worried about the chaos at the airport when we finally dock, all these ships coming in and everyone needing their flights changed, it will NOT be a good ending to a vacation. Otherwise, the ship is great!

Pammy, the airline my sister is using (usairways) is saying that in order to reschedule your flight for no cost... you must call before your scheduled flight time to reschedule. Just an FYI :)

FYI....Delta is stating that passengers have until Sept. 30th to change flights at no cost. This works good for our clients since there has been NO DEFINATE answer as to if the Enchantment will arive in port Sunday or Monday as of yet.

Thanks soooooooo much for your assistance...... I spoke with Crystal and Forrest today and we are awaiting an email from them regarding their arrival day back in Lauderdale afterwhich we will get their flight arrangements made for them.

I don't envy the staff at the pursers desk right now......... but can't really understand why passengers are ranting and raving over an issue that is uncontrollable by the cruiseline ! Sure flights will be stressful when finally getting back, but in the meantime, RELAX, have a Frozen "Foo-Foo" drink and enjoy your FREE DAYS At SEA !

Thanks again and I will email Crystal/Forrest and tell her to buy you a drink and charge it to me !

Hope your cruise was full of sun and fun !!!

If anyone needs to contact a passenger on the Enchantment or any RCI Ship....you can do so by calling

1-888-724-SHIP (7447)

The cost is 6.95 per minute....and you can talk to them in their cabin.

Have credit card, ship name, passeneger name and cabin number ready. The maximum call time is 10 min.

Radio

;) ;)

I have to disagree with you guys , two extra days at sea sounds great, but I cant imagine having a good time not knowing what was happening at home, I just hope it comes and goes fast so we can get on living, it seems like it has been a year since they first told us to evacate, just cant wait for it to be over.

Hi Kim and David,

The rental car ideas might actually be a great plan. You are on JetBlue right? You could rent a car in FLL and drive across the state to Fort Myers (airport code RSW). It's about a 2.5 hour drive and they aren't in the hurricane path at all any more. I checked and the flights to JFK from there leave at 2:00pm-arrive at 4:40pm, or 4:35 arrive at 7:15pm (you should be able to make this no problem if you debark in the morning) or 7:10pm arrive at 9:50pm. The RSW airport is really nice to navigate and I wouldn't think you would have the lines of everyone needing to reticket. Just a thought anyway.

Enjoy your extra day(s) and we'll be thinking of you all weekend!

Susan and Ray

I have to disagree with you guys , two extra days at sea sounds great, but I cant imagine having a good time not knowing what was happening at home, I just hope it comes and goes fast so we can get on living, it seems like it has been a year since they first told us to evacate, just cant wait for it to be over.

I agree with you csk. Those who have homes in the way, I can't even begin to imagine what they are going through not being able to prepare their home at all for the storm.

If you live out of the storm path I can see two extra days being great.

HI everyone. we are sitting 40 miles south of the keys. Capt announced we will be here until we can get into FLL. There are several other ships around here with us, disney, carnival. We are having fun, but several others are complaining as usual.

Archived