Facilities in Tahiti

cstrick

This may be a dumb question but....What is the bathroom situation when you go on shore excursions ?

Obviously it depends on where you "go". (Sorry, I couldn't resist.;) )

Seriously, hotels and restaurants have perfectly acceptable facilities. There was not a beach that I visited that had private facilities, except the private motu - which were acceptable, but not pristine. (I didn't always look for them, so they might be around and I just didn't notice.)

This may be a dumb question but....What is the bathroom situation when you go on shore excursions ?

As others have said it depends. :)

We did the waverunners on Bora Bora and they had a basic bathroom which we used before departing. There was nothing on our Trek of the Ancients since we traveled on a Sunday and the usual place they stopped was closed.

In towns I used bathrooms in various places and folks seemed quite nice in showing you where the bathrooms were.

The motu did have very basic bathrooms but they seemed clean and kept up well.

I'm a person who always has to know where a bathroom is and I did make sure to go whenever I had the chance to go. I kept thinking of my Dad, "Go now because I'm NOT STOPPING!" This on the trip from Philadelphia to Pittsburg by car when my sister and I were small. :)

But there are also ship staff around when you get off the tender or the ship and they can usually tell you where the closest facilities are.

I would carry tissues and hand sanitizer just in case. (But I do this all the time any way well since I have seem some pretty cruddy stateside bathrooms!)

Caroline

Archived