Tahitian Princess February Weather

reddogranch

I am thinking of booking a cruise on the Tahitian Princess in early February.

Is there anyone who has done this itinerary in this month that might be able to shed some light on cruising during the "rainy season". Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

I did a btb cruise in 2007 starting on January 26, 2007. This is the wet season and the weather can be a bit of a crapshoot. I was very lucky. It rained only two full days, once in Moorea and once at sea. There were several days where it rained for a bit and then cleared up. One of best feelings I ever experienced was floating in the pool and having the rain pouring over me. It was like being in a bathtub and and taking a shower at the same time. It is extremely humid in February and the temperature on some days was in the low 90's. You feel the humidity as soon as you step off the plane. However, it's a different type of humidity than in a large city, as you don't feel "dirty". The great thing about this time of the year is that the water is wonderfully warm, usually around 85 degrees. I hated getting out of the water. The snorkelling was amazing.

All in all, it was the trip of a lifetime and I plan to go back one day. I hope this helps.

We have visited Tahiti 5 times during the rainy season, visiting different times from October to March. 2 of those times we had beauitful weather, once we had iffy weather, and twice we had terrible rains almost every day. So, you never know what the weather will be like that time of year.

Went in Jan 2005. Was rained on in Papietee and another island but trust me it was not bad. Rain in Tahiti is a relative event - happends all the time - crap shoot. Remainder of time was great. Remember- January and February are the low seasons in Tahiti - crowds are low and so are prices. Rain only gets you wet (it is still hot) and we found it a relief to the heat. Send me an e-mail with your mailing address (GRHAMPTON703@aol.com) and I will send you a CD of our trip. BTW we spent and extra days at Bora Bora Sofitel Motu hotel - perhaps only four only couples on the property - it was amazing. No people, privacy and perfect weather in late January. Go for it Dude!

Zouave - still hve the tan from Bora Bora!

we've gone twice in January and are going again this coming January. we have had mostly wonderful weaterh, just a little rain. it's the tropics, it can rain anytime, it will certainly be hot, and it's the most wonderful awesome cruise you will ever take!!

Archived