? about getting cabin # if you have guarantee,if you want paper docs?

NJCruiser23

:) I started my funpass for our Glory cruise we are taking on April 19th, but didn't finish because I didn't finalize our ground transportation yet. I think we are going to rent a car and then take their shuttle to Port Canaveral dock. Do I have to wait until I finish the funpass before my

cabin assignment will be available and where to I go to get it? I know it

is still early yet and that is why we haven't finalized our ground transpo

yet. I wanted to get the paper docs also, not the edocs. Can I still

get my cabin assignment online before we cruise or do you have to get

the edocs? Or do I wait until I get my paper docs and then go online and

switch to edocs to get the info? Sorry about so many questions together,

I just wanted to see if I was correct in what I was thinking. Thanks so

much.

I have visited before, but this is my first time posting. Can you tell?

This will be my 6th Carnival cruise and my 8th cruise altogether. Going with my DH, DD, and DS. Can't wait until April 19th!!! Can you tell I'm

a little anxious to have all my info.

P.S. Also if anyone has any good info on hotels by Port Canaveral and rental cars. I was thinking Budget and possibly either staying at Country Inn and Suites or Radisson Resort at the Port. Any feedback would be

great. Thanks so much.

Bon from NJ

If you are not taking Carnival ground transportation, I dont really think they care which one you put in there. "Private" or some such is all you need. You can complete your fun pass without that imo.

To me its like a survey, not important that they know exactly how you are getting there.

Id go ahead and fill it out and get it done. On the edocs it says TBA on my cabin # "until you make final payment", but some have said they got their cabin assignments early....but from what Iv seen these are either quads which are rare or balconys which there are usually not as many of. If you have a inside or OV guarantee for a regular cabin, Iv hardly ever seen them go up before final payment time which is about 70 days before your cruise. So, even if you complete your fun pass now, its unlikely you will get your cabin assignment anytime soon...its just good to get it out of the way.

PS there is a great thread on East Coast Departures about hotels and such, called "I work in Port Canaveral". The main reason folks book the Radisson and the Country Inn is because of the free cruise parking. You can get a better deal on hotwire for a hotel in Port Canaveral if you dont need free parking. There is also a nice hotel in Cocoa Beach some have liked, a mom and pop hotel. I just stayed at the Radisson and admit I loved it, but I paid the price because of the free parking. I was there end of September....very recently :) Great area and port imo.

check out hotwire site for your dates. betterbidding has tips to match up the stars and amenities so you can tell which hotel is which on hotwire. You dont bid, they just have really cheap prices for hotels because they dont name the hotels.

Thanks Firefly, I'll check that out. Also we have a Balc guar and it is

going to be a quad. Hopefully I'll get my assignment early, but I know

it is way in advance right now. I will finish the funpass, though and I

haven't paid in full yet. So I'll wait until then and check. Thanks, again.

:D

Ifuonlyknewme: Our you going with any kids in April. We will have DS13 and DD 11. I think we may go with the Radisson also. I think that is one of the hotels I got a pretty good deal on. Well, I guess we will see you on the ship!

Ifuonlyknewme: Are you going with any kids in April. We will have DS13 and DD 11. I think we may go with the Radisson also. I think that is one of the hotels I got a pretty good deal on. Well, I guess we will see you on the ship!

I misspelled a word in the previous post. Sorry about the double post!

Archived