Will a cabin above a music lounge be very noisy?

pkw

We are looking at the different cabins at the moment and the ones that we want are directly above a lounge that has music/bands etc.

Is this likely to be very noisy inside the cabin? I can understand that you may hear it on the balcony but not sure about inside for sleeping?

Appreciate your answers.

I have read about people having this type of cabin on various ships and yes, everyone has complained about the noise from the various lounges. They have complained not only about the music, but chairs moving, etc. Perhaps you should find a cabin in a different location so you won't be disappointed.

We had a tablemate who had the cabin under a show lounge and he always joked that while he got to see the show once,he got to hear it twice. he also didn't need a radio because the music continued long into the night.

I'm guessing somewhere else on the ship would be better!

Charlie

Above is better than below. The moving chairs and tables happen at all hours!

We were above the Kareoke bar on one cruise and did hear it (mostly the bass - not the vocals). The good news was that it shut down about 11 or 12 and we were up that late. You might try to get an old copy of the ship's daily schedule to see what times the lounge plays.

Archived