QM2 October 19 Trip Report with pictures

mikelan6

You have an amazing collection of photos of the QM2. Even though I have sailed on her several times, I never tire of looking at new photos. Each one reminds me of beautiful memories. Thank you so much for sharing your collection with us. So glad you had such a wonderful crossing.

Beth

Amazing photos - thank you so much for sharing.

Where abouts on deck 2 are the small tables - it looks like a gorgeous spot to sit and watch the world go by.

Also - the Chef's Galley - is there an extra charge for this restaurant?

Thanks for any info.:)

Amazing photos - thank you so much for sharing.

Where abouts on deck 2 are the small tables - it looks like a gorgeous spot to sit and watch the world go by.

Also - the Chef's Galley - is there an extra charge for this restaurant?

Thanks for any info.:)

Those tables are on each side of the ship, just forward of the Royal Court Theater. It was fun to watch the waves completely cover those windows every once in a while when the sea was rough for the first few days.

We were not charged anything for dinner at the Chef's Galley. Each night had a different menu - we chose French night, but there was also Italian, Asian, Indian and a Steak night.

I've posted a photo trip report of my recent voyage on the QM2 from New York to Southampton. We had a great time. I hope you enjoy the report.

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php/cunard_queen_mary_2_transatlantic-81879.html

Hi Wonderful posting - we leave next wee so I am getting very excited and your pictures just pushed me over the edge. What cabin were you in that you were able to have such a great view of the Statue of Liberty??

Debra

I've posted a photo trip report of my recent voyage on the QM2 from New York to Southampton. We had a great time. I hope you enjoy the report.

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php/cunard_queen_mary_2_transatlantic-81879.html

Hi Wonderful posting - we leave next week so I am getting very excited and your pictures just pushed me over the edge. What cabin were you in that you were able to have such a great view of the Statue of Liberty??

Debra

Hi Wonderful posting - we leave next week so I am getting very excited and your pictures just pushed me over the edge. What cabin were you in that you were able to have such a great view of the Statue of Liberty??

Debra

We had a deluxe in hull balcony on the starboard side. We were on deck 5. Enjoy you're sailing. You'll love it.

Best ever review on QM2.

I will be on her the end of this month.

Do you have a picture of the people dressed up on a formal night?

Thanks.

Marleneann.

Thanks for posting those great pictures of such a magnificent ship QM2.

My cousins flew in from Sunderland, England to take a cruise today , Oct 31 for the QM2 Carribean Cruise. I saw them off at the Brooklyn Pier.

Oh, btw, I saw your ship on that day sailing under the Verrazano Bridge. I was on the Belt Parkway approaching the bridge. I was heading out to Staten Island to go to work (I sing in a band). My bandleader and I saw all of you out on the deck and when we were on the bridge and the ship had just gone under. We saw all the people out on the deck taking pictures.

We were just so blown away by her beauty. Im glad you had a great sailing.

Marge

Starz723

Sailing the Carribean Princess

July 10,2008

I noticed a picture of a money exchange machine on board. Do you recall what the fees were? Was it a good deal?

Thanks!

The machines had a $2.50 fee per use, and the exchange rate was not very favorable. We really didn't have much choice and needed some currency for the taxi from the port to the train station.

Thanks for the walk down QM2 memory lane. The pictures really were a terrific reminder of our days on the QM2. It all seemed so familiar. After two transatlantic voyages on her, the ship has become so much like a vacation home to us.

Thank you so much. Your pictures are great. My husband and I will be on the QM2 for the second time in July of next year. Now I really can't wait to be cruising her again.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived