Barbeque Half Moon Cay

R&R sail again

I have read many reports of Half Moon Cay and they always mention a barbeque on the beach. Is there a charge for this or is it free. I realize you would have to pay for drinks as if on ship. Thanks for your help.

Rose

The food, along with tea, is complimentary, and very good! Enjoy! ;)

We enjoy the barbeque. It's fun and delicious and the perfect lunch for a day at the beach IMO

Hot dogs, hamburgers/cheeseburgers, chicken, ribs,(maybe fish??), baked beans, corn on the cob, salads, chips, fresh fruit, brownies, cookies, iced tea....... Delicious.

I really enjoyed the BBQ on HMC.

We are Vegetarians and there was plenty for us to eat-we were pleasantly surprised that they also served veggie burgers! I believe we did get one free soda. I recall there being potato salad, cole slaw, corn on the cob, chips, brownies, banana bread.

There were wild adult & baby chickens roaming around and they kept coming by our table and we'd feed them potato chips. :)

Brownies???

Never had any at the island BBQ's that we attended - only cookies.

You haven't??? What a shame. They're DELICIOUS!!! We have never failed to have brownies at lunch at HMC. There are platters of them where you find the cookies and iced tea/iced water.

Look for them next visit. They're worth it. :)

Usually not.

The choices for those staying on the ship are Lido, Taco Bar/Hamburger Grill, or Room Service........ A delightful lunch on your veranda looking out at the pretty island and the exquisite turqoise water is heavenly. The selections from the Room Service menu are ample enough to find something to suit everyone.

It is possible, once in a while, on one ship or another you might find the dining room/PG open but not isn't usually.

I just had a brain freeze. What is the name of the supply boat they use to bring all the food etc to the island? It comes out to the ship to be loaded and cases of food and drink and plates and what all are loaded.

Usually not.

A delightful lunch on your veranda looking out at the pretty island and the exquisite turqoise water is heavenly. The selections from the Room Service menu are ample enough to find something to suit everyone.

This sounds perfect.

Not sure if we'll be able to make it to HMC -- hoping the weather is cooperating -- we'll be there in about 2.5 weeks.

I just had a brain freeze. What is the name of the supply boat they use to bring all the food etc to the island? It comes out to the ship to be loaded and cases of food and drink and plates and what all are loaded.

:o Took hours but the answer finally came to me. It's the "Clipper".

This sounds perfect.

Not sure if we'll be able to make it to HMC -- hoping the weather is cooperating -- we'll be there in about 2.5 weeks.

No one is ever sure they will be able to go to HMC until the ship arrives there.

At least twice, we have arrived at HMC on a bright, sunny, gorgeous day and were forced to leave. The seas were rough and Captain did not consider it safe to drop tenders. DH and I were standing on our veranda looking at the waves crash the rocks and DH said......No way we're going to the beach today. He was right.

Hope you (and we ;)) get to the island on our upcoming cruises.

Also hope Noel did not do any damage as she passed through the Bahamas this week.

I just got back from Half Moon Cay day before yesterday and was talking to one of the 35 people who actually live there year round. She said they did get beach damage--you could tell, in that it's the ONLY time I've ever seen seaweed in the water and on the beach there--but nothing structurally was damaged.

She said before we docked they spent the entire day before until 10:30 at night, then began again at 4:30 a.m. the day we docked, trying to clean up the seaweed.

Both days we docked (Oct 27 and again Nov 3) were GORGEOUS sunny and warm days. The seaweed was just a minor thing by comparison.

Diane

One minor complaint. Those of us who like our 'que with at least a bit of bite - OK, me - found the food to be terribly bland, and there was not a single bottle of hot sauce to be found. At last, after a semi-extensive search, a waiter loaned me the crew's bottle of Tabasco, but one might think that HAL could more readily provide a bit of spice. Maybe next time I'll carry my own.

Archived