Transfer to Waldorf=Astoria

Kindlychap

Hi

We will be going in the opposite direction on the 13th january to join the QM2

the best quote we have had is $45 with lincoln limos

Teri

Yes, we also used Lincoln Limos last year on our TA from the QM2 to the Waldorf-Astoria. We can thoroughly recommend them. We are using this same company again next Tuesday from JFK to the NY Hilton and then again the following Saturday to the QM2.

Matthew, we hope you enjoy the Waldorf as much as we did. It is a New York icon. Also don't miss the Bull & Bear restaurant downstairs.

I'll second the recommendation re the Bull & Bear Restaurant - one of my favourites for lunch or dinner - I went there last September to meet a friend for lunch whilst in NYC for a day on QE2. I've also stayed at the Hotel -the grande dame of all New York hotels.

I am thinking of flying there next year - have booked all my cruises now for next year including 2 on QE2 & 1 long Caribbean cruise on P & O so sadly don't have enough days to do a crossing on QE2. NYC is one of my favourite cities - arriving by sea is quite magical / surreal even - & I've only done 3 crossings 2 of which were on Qe2.

Kind Regards,

RJMS74

I'll second the recommendation re the Bull & Bear Restaurant - one of my favourites for lunch or dinner - I went there last September to meet a friend for lunch whilst in NYC for a day on QE2. I've also stayed at the Hotel -the grande dame of all New York hotels.

I am thinking of flying there next year - have booked all my cruises now for next year including 2 on QE2 & 1 long Caribbean cruise on P & O so sadly don't have enough days to do a crossing on QE2. NYC is one of my favourite cities - arriving by sea is quite magical / surreal even - & I've only done 3 crossings 2 of which were on Qe2.

Kind Regards,

RJMS74

I've been to the Bull and Bear - it is outstanding. The hotel is good, but not perhaps as nice as the Savoy - although we've about five weeks left to enjoy that.

I'm not the biggest fan of New York, but agree the entry by sea is magical.

Matthew

Yes, we also used Lincoln Limos last year on our TA from the QM2 to the Waldorf-Astoria. We can thoroughly recommend them. We are using this same company again next Tuesday from JFK to the NY Hilton and then again the following Saturday to the QM2.

Matthew, we hope you enjoy the Waldorf as much as we did. It is a New York icon. Also don't miss the Bull & Bear restaurant downstairs.

Will Lincoln Limos cope with three of us and about six suitcases - as a minimum?

Matthew

Will Lincoln Limos cope with three of us and about six suitcases - as a minimum?

Matthew

What size cases??? Some cases which came off the crossing this week could contain a small adult!

The town cars in general have more trunk room than a stretch.

Matthew

Matthew,

We gave your situation some thought, and though we aren't denizens of the city...

...We suggest either the cars Lincoln Navigator or Cadillac Esplanade. They are really big versions of the SUV and have comfortable seats for the passengers but have enough room for all those suitcases. They are only nauseating and reprehensible when it's one little woman talking on a cell phone while she drinks coffee who is onboard.

Matthew,

We gave your situation some thought, and though we aren't denizens of the city...

...We suggest either the cars Lincoln Navigator or Cadillac Esplanade. They are really big versions of the SUV and have comfortable seats for the passengers but have enough room for all those suitcases. They are only nauseating and reprehensible when it's one little woman talking on a cell phone while she drinks coffee who is onboard.

For that amount of luggage (as a minimum) an SUV/minivan might be what you will need. Bear in mind what the OP said that a stretch limo often will have a smaller trunk than a town car.

Yes, we have those Cadillac Escalade and other abominable 4x4s over here as well. Unlike the USA with their wide open spaces, most people that drive them here seem to live in the suburbs. We call them Chelsea Tractors... the only time they seem to go "off-road" is when they mount the sidewalks to park.

Mathew.

email moe at www.lincolnlimousines.com

they give good prices, very helpful and been doing this for I think 25 years and very respected, plus they turn up! and on time.

at the waldorf the bull & bear is wonderful we as Hilton VIP guests get a great time there, try asking on the desk for a comp breakfast as you are a group it can work wonders

rob

How about a minibus?:) I'm not joking. That's what four of us have next month to get us and our luggage down to Southampton.

OHHHHHHHHH Malcolm.

I dont think mathew wants a "minibus":eek: lol

but lincoln do have cars that hold lot of people and bags

rob

On one of my earlier round trip crossings we had an all inclusive (those were the days) tour of NY and lunch included at the Waldorf Astoria, all went well till the driver dropped us at the tradesman entrance, some of us were less than impressed, It was under going a refurbishment at the time and l will never forget the sign "Please pardon our appearance while we build a more beautiful Waldorf Astoria"

If time permits on the final crossings next year l would quite like to revist and have a spot of lunch, for old times sake

cheers

Myles

OHHHHHHHHH Malcolm.

I dont think mathew wants a "minibus":eek: lol

but lincoln do have cars that hold lot of people and bags

rob

I'm not bothered what it is really. I normally take a cab, and fill the boot (trunk) on my own. Hence my concern.

As long as it is no less comfortable than a cab (not difficult) I don't care - it's a fifteen/twenty minute journey.

Angela - Esplanade might be a good idea. I was thinking of something like a Mercedes Van, which I've been in before and which was very comfortable.

Matthew

Then make sure that you ask for an Escalade and not an Esplanade...

otherwise you might find yourself and all your luggage dropped off on the Coney Island waterfront!

Mea Culpa.

Aren't those cars normally driven by drug dealers? Bit like BMW X5's over here.

Matthew

I'm not bothered what it is really. I normally take a cab, and fill the boot (trunk) on my own. Hence my concern.

As long as it is no less comfortable than a cab (not difficult) I don't care - it's a fifteen/twenty minute journey.

Angela - Esplanade might be a good idea. I was thinking of something like a Mercedes Van, which I've been in before and which was very comfortable.

Matthew

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

well a trip from cunard to the WA in a "van" ok for some lol.

they wont drop you off at the front entrance thats for certain, its round the back.

I would choose a limo BTW that web site is wrong it should be

http://www.lincolnlimousine.com/

a mini van is $65 and 6 seater is $100

Reminds me of the time our rental car wasn't there in Southampton when we arrived on the QM2 on a Sunday morning. Some kind soul gave us a ride to the airport in a panel truck so that we could rent a car there. What a comedown -- QM2 passenger one minute and riding in the back of a panel truck with paint tarps the next. Sure brings you back to earth quickly.

It appears that we'll be transferring in January to the Waldorf=Astoria with three of us and luggage for six.

What would the locals suggest as the best way to do this? Comfort and convenience are my priorities.

Matthew

Bring your own Sherpa. I wouldn't hire the locals.

Paul

It appears that we'll be transferring in January to the Waldorf=Astoria with three of us and luggage for six.

What would the locals suggest as the best way to do this? Comfort and convenience are my priorities.

Matthew

Hugely confused! Not difficult....

I've booked two nights at the Waldorf at the end of the Tandem Crossing in Jan and I was under the impression that transfers to the hotel from the ship and then from hotel to airport were all included.

Hugely confused! Not difficult....

I've booked two nights at the Waldorf at the end of the Tandem Crossing in Jan and I was under the impression that transfers to the hotel from the ship and then from hotel to airport were all included.

If you booked flight and hotel via Cunard, then yes, transfers are included.

I booked everything separately, so they are not.

Matthew

I hope this may help in your travels. I use CLS Transportation when friends need cars services in the city. They are wonderful to deal with, the drivers are the tops, and the automobile fleet is comprised of new spotless models. A Lincoln town car will not provide enough room for 6 pieces of baggage and three persons. A limo would have to have cases in front, trunk, as well as possibly in the passenger area depending on the size of bags. You may also have to book a 8 to 10 passenger limo for comfort. Your best option may be to book an SUV, such as a Navigator or the likes. This would provide plenty of luggage room as well as room for yourselves. You may wish to book a luggage car and a nice sedan for yourselves. They can provide Bentley, Mercedes, BMW 7 series, as well as the standared Lincoln.

• 2 weeks later...
On one of my earlier round trip crossings we had an all inclusive (those were the days) tour of NY and lunch included at the Waldorf Astoria, all went well till the driver dropped us at the tradesman entrance, Myles

So Myles,

Don't keep us in suspense! did you manage to pick up a tradesman or two?

Karie,

who might fancy a couple herself!

Archived