QM2 Dec 6 sailing - Visas !!!

Neeraj70

Please..... can anyone tell me the visa requirement for this sailing.

The Itinerary is as follows -

Date Port Arrive Depart

6 New York, New York 5.45 p.m.

7-8 Cruising the Altantic Ocean

9 San Juan, Puerto Rico 8 a.m. 6 p.m.

10 Cruising the Caribbean Sea

11 Willernstad, Curacao 8 a.m. 11 p.m.

12 Kralendijk Bonaire 8 a.m. 11 p.m.

13 Cruising the Caribbean Sea

14 Bridgetown, Barbados 8 a.m.

15 Bridgetown 6 p.m.

16 Fort-de-France, Martinique 8 a.m. 5 p.m.

17 Philipsbur, St. Maarten 8 a.m. 11 p.m.

18 Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas 8 a.m. 5 p.m.

19 Cruising the Atlantic Ocean

20 Fort Lauderdale, Florida 8 a.m.

I already have a visa for US (multiple entry)... What are the others visas which are required?

Are these available on board ? or on arrival ?

Visa requirements for cruise passengers are sometimes different than for people who will be visiting for several days. Ideally, your travel agent should be able to help you. If not, try the nearest Cunard office. (http://www.cunard.co.uk/internationaloffices/) The Cunard staff will be the ones deciding if you will be able to cruise, so they should have a list of visa requirements for the countries on the itinerary. Most of the the time, if a visa is required, it must be obtained in advance. I don't think they can ever be obtained on board the ship (but I could be wrong!)

I had a quick look at the tourism websites for a few of the countries you will visit, but they don't list India as specifically requiring a visa or specifically exempt. You might need to ring the tourist boards of the various islands.

That's not a very complete answer, I know. My advice is to check carefully - you wouldn't want anything to mess up your cruise!

Good luck, happy cruising!

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for your promt reply..

I'm from India

Are you "From" India, do you currently reside there? If you hold Indian citizenship, regardless of where you currently reside you will need to get in touch with Cunard and your local embassy or consulate (if you are outside India) to ensure that you have the necessary visas. If you booked through a travel agent they should be willing and able to assist you with this also. It is imperative that you have the correct documentation or you won't be able to board the ship. We here on Cruise Critic are a great source of information, but you shouldn't rely on these message boards for information so vital to your cruise.

Regarding the decor, schematics etc of the vessel, Cunard's website has a very good section on the QM2 which will give you a good overview of the ship..there are also lots of websites with pictures as well as the Cunard brochure.. the kind of specifications you are asking about probaby aren't available though..

I am the Moderator of this message board and you can certainly post further questions to me here and I will do my best to assist you or point you in the right direction.

Host Caroline

Archived