C & A Benefits on Celebrity Line

petesweet

On our B2B cruise Alaska/Hawaii, we will become platinum members before the second leg. At that time, I understand that I will also achieve same status with Celebrity. What I'm wondering is whether we will get OBC for a Celebrity cruise if we book while on RCCL? Have never gone on Celebrity before.

It isn't exactly like that. When you sail with Celebrity you will get recognized at the level you are with RCL but it won't give you their level as such. (They make it so complicated.)

I don't believe Celebrity gives OBC for booking onboard but I haven't looked at booking them while onboard for some time now as the last time I was going to do it there were no benefits to it. I booked RCL instead. However things could have changed since then.

M

Yes you can get OBC - book during your second leg and let the Loyalty Ambassador know that you just achieved platinum. You will then be in Captains Club at the equivalent level which I think is classic - not sure if that's the right name. Celebrity is fabulous!!!!!

You always get OBC for booking on board, whether you're on RCL or X (and you can cross book....book an X cruise while on board RCL, and the other way around). BUT......Celebrity does not have the balcony discounts that you get with being Platinum and above with C&A. If you are Platinum C&A, you are Select on X, but there are no balcony discounts.

On Celebrity the amount of on board credit you'll receive is determined by the amount the cruise costs verses the length of the cruise. Hopefully Royal never changes to Celebrity's lousy system. You should also be aware that Celebrity's loyalty benefits are practically worthless.

Archived