Henna tats?

Weinercruisers

None onboard but they do have them at some of the ports, be careful most contain different types of harmful substances.

Henna paste is made from a natural substance derived from a plant, Lawsonia Intermis. The plant is crushed into a powder that is used to make the paste. In its natural state, there is nothing in henna powder that can cause irritation or allergic reactions. Sometimes, the ingredients that are added to the powder to create the paste – such as eucalyptus oil – could possibly serve as an irritant to those with sensitive skin, but that is very rare. Natural henna paste leaves behind a stain on the skin that is a burnt orange or brown color.

Black henna, however, contains an additive that is extremely dangerous. It’s called paraphenylenediamine, or PPD for short. PPD is a chemical that contains a compound that is derived from phenylenediamine, which is a toxic substance. PPD is clear until it is infused with oxygen. The partial oxidization is what seems to cause severe allergic reactions in some people.

I find it interesting that some ships have the tats, and some don't. Our last cruise (Valor) they had a henna (I think it was henna) tattoo station right under the band on Lido deck each sea day. It was pretty busy each time we passed by. I remember seeing one on Liberty also. (cause my dd wanted one, and I (as did Fred) also read an article on the danger of getting them for kids under the age of 16 because of ingredients they use that could affect the brain. Truthfully, I have always been tempted to try one myself. (perhaps a tiny butterfly on an ankle??!!) But reading about the possible side effects scares me. (chicken!) Maybe for my upcoming 50th....:rolleyes:

As Fred mentioned, no henna tats on board. However, you do have an option. This is from a recent copy of Carnival Capers for the Conquest:

jpgcaper1.jpg

I saw quite a few people who had gotten them and they seemed to be pretty durable.

I got one on our Fantasy cruise and liked it so much I then went and got the real thing. My DH loves it....thinks it's the sexiest thing I have ever done:confused:. The one I got on the Fantasy lasted about two weeks because I followed their directions on how to care for it.

I got one on our Fantasy cruise and liked it so much I then went and got the real thing. My DH loves it....thinks it's the sexiest thing I have ever done:confused:. The one I got on the Fantasy lasted about two weeks because I followed their directions on how to care for it.

I knew they were durable but I would have never thought it would have lasted that long!

thanks Fred, I appreciate the response. BTW, I love reading your posts!! We are stopping in montego bay, cozumel and the caymen islands... Was thinking there may be a place there that someone could reccomend.

Hey! I have a mini dachshund too! His name is Chorizo!

Going on Conquest in December and would love to get a Henna tattoo!! Do they do that on the ship? How 'bout at the ports? Can I bring my own picture for them to do? Any info would be appreciated! TIA

I got mine in Key West and it was pretty but I was allergic to the Henna and it was not good. So be very careful.

Archived