Best beach in cabo- Day pass?

TahoeBob

We will be on the Vision and in Cabo on 11-27. What is the best beach for swimming at a hotel that offers a day pass? I would like a pool and other beach things to do, but I really would like to spend as little money as possible. Any and all info would be great.

The best swimming is anywhere on the east beaches. The west facing beaches have a shore break and it is very dangerous for swimming. There are lots of places to go without having to spend money to be there. Just go down by the Hacienda hotel. They have a bar and food and also an easy walk to other restaurants and bars. Have fun.

The best swimming is anywhere on the east beaches. The west facing beaches have a shore break and it is very dangerous for swimming. There are lots of places to go without having to spend money to be there. Just go down by the Hacienda hotel. They have a bar and food and also an easy walk to other restaurants and bars. Have fun.

Not my favorite beach in Cabo by any stretch but Medano is the only safe- swimming beach (within reasonable proximity) that meets your needs with respect to hotels/day passes. The Me Cabo is a "cruise-friendly" resort on Medano Beach; there could be others but am not sure.

The Hacienda has been gone for quite some time now, they are building luxurry condos on that site. The only beach right in Cabo that you can swim at is Medano Beach. There is alot of info on here if you do a search but just as a taxi driver (land or water) to take you to Medano. There are many restaurants and bars that line the beach that allow you to use their lounge chairs as long as you are eating and drinking. The only resort on Medano that allows cruise passengers is the ME. I think you have to spend $25/pp for the day.

I just returned from 10 days in Cabo and will be happy to answer questions!

A land taxi will be about 5 minutes and $10 total and a water taxi will be $3/pp and also about 5 minutes but much more scenic. Keep in mind that you do have to get off and then back on the water taxi in about knee deep water so you have to be able to hop on and off.

If you don't absolutly have to have the pool, I would much rather just go to the Mango Deck, Billigans or the Baja Cantina. Swimming in the warm water of the Sea of Cortez is much better that sitting by the pool of a resort!:)

Really the only safe place to swim is in front of The Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos. The undertows are really bad in Cabo.

You can contact the hotel direct by email on Pueblo Bonito.com

I think you mean Pueblo Bonito Rosa...which is on Medano Beach. The "regular" Pueblo Bonito is on the Pacific side and has no safe swimming in the ocean. Any of the area along Medano is safe...The Office, Tabasco, Mango Deck...all the little restaurants/beach clubs are fine along there on most days.

Solita:

Does Pueblo Bonita Rosa allow day visits?

Thanks

No they do not. The only places here that do are the Melia (aka ME) and the Rui. All of these places are virtually in the same location along Medano Beach.

FYI-- If you have Google Earth, just type in "Cabo san Lucas" and you will get a terrific bird's eye view of the harbor and beaches. (even cruise ship positions)

This helped me get my mind around all of the good beach info on this thread. Zoom and and check out the pools too!

Since Cabo is a tender port, do they take you all the way into the boat harbor and drop you off there? I can see on Google Earth a large brown complex in the corner of the boat harbor, it looks like it is called the Puerto Paraiso. Is that where we get on/off the tenders?

There has been little mention of Lover's Beach, is that a nice beach for the family? Is it easy to get there via water taxi?

Just to clarify- you can swim pretty much anywhere on Medano Beach. The main part of the beach has 5-6 restaurant/bars all lined up one after the other. The most popular are the Mango Deck, Baja Cantina and Billigans. They all have lounge chairs that you can use if you are purchasing food and drinks.

The Pueblo Bonito Blanco and Rose are just a little further down the beach and are next door to each other. They do not allow cruise passengers.

I go to Cabo 1-2 times per year for at least a week each time and just got back. It is really frustrating to see the same questions asked over and over again especially within the same thread. If people would just read the entire thread before posting a question the answer sometimes is already there. You can also do a search in the search bar and find tons of info. I have answered this same question at least 8 times in the last few days. I know this forum if for us all to help each other out but alot of it is getting really repeatitive.

It is really frustrating to see the same questions asked over and over again especially within the same thread. If people would just read the entire thread before posting a question the answer sometimes is already there. You can also do a search in the search bar and find tons of info. I have answered this same question at least 8 times in the last few days. I know this forum if for us all to help each other out but alot of it is getting really repeatitive.

Well thanks a whole hell of a lot for your kind answer. I have a idea if you are tired of answering the same question stay away from a message board. this is a open forum message board and if you don't like it I really don't give a dam. People like to post here to talk about there cruise I was the OP here and If I want to ask the same question again I will. Now why don't you go somewhere else and be rude. The reason I did not do a search is because I did not feel like it.

Do me a huge favor and never respond to one of my questions again, I only like nice people!

Bob-

I was not talking about you! Sometimes the answer to a question on the same thread is just 1 or 2 posts above it. Example how much is the taxi, 2 more posts answering the question and then how much is the taxi again just below it!

I have learned alot of info on these boards and do not mean to be rude in anyway. I have been to Cabo on 3 cruises and over 15 land vacations and know alot about the area but I'm sure that anyone reading a thread that has the same question over and over in it when the answers are clearly right there would agree that it sometimes gets repeatative.

I did not mean to offend anyone by my comments.:)

Archived