Any Solo's, Liberty Dec. 8 07 ?

SoloCruiser17

Hi, first time cruiser, going it alone. Just wondering if I'm looking at 8 days of solitude.

Hey SoloCruiser17 ... didn't you post on another thread about going it alone? I will also be on that cruise ... it should be lots of fun! :p

I'll probably see you at dinner since they usually seat singles at the same table! See you then! :p

Hey Solo Cruiser - Talk it up when you get onboard. Play blackjack or craps and talk to the people next to you. Make sure you get a large table for dinner and speak up to your tablemates. Frequent the same locales onboard, you find that a core group of people reappear and you'll get to know them.

I travel solo frequently, I allow my extrovert traits to surface and always have a great time. Just don't hide out alone.

Hi, first time cruiser, going it alone. Just wondering if I'm looking at 8 days of solitude.

Ok SoloCruiser17 ... I responded to your post a week ago and still no interaction from you. I hope you are more interactive on the ship ... else you will have 8 days of solitude.

I'll be on the ship if you want to meet another single ... 5'9", short reddish brown hair, slightly overweight, and a year older than you. Maybe we'll run into each other sometime on the ship.

I mentioned that we might end up sitting together at dinner but forgot that there are 4 dinner times so it might not happen.

Anyway, I'll be looking for you! :p

Love your town, too. I'll be up there in Jan. Scored some tickets to Young Frankenstein, so we'll be at the Marriott Marquis for a few days then off to NJ to visit relatives. Do you get to the theater often? Have you heard about the new Nathan Lane play?

Don't be hard on urself lori. hitting that submit button then seeing the answer right in front of you happens to the best of us.

I did go to plays quite often in the past....... not so much lately. I'm jealous though....BIG Mel Brooks fan, with YF being #1 or 2 with History of the World. I can do much of the dialogue from the movie(YF).. I know, I know.... I need a life.:)

Fun, I'm scheduled for the 8:30 seating in the Silver........whatever that means.:confused:

Sorry for the delay in responding ... been busy going through clothes to decide what to bring ...

I don't know what dining room I'll be in. How did you find out your seating? I realize that you may have requested the 8:30 seating but there's no guarantee that you will get that time. I would actually prefer an earlier seating but when you're a single they usually bump you to the later seating since most families with kids want to eat early. When you have a late seating, sometimes you don't finish eating until 10:00 or later ... that's just too late for me to be eating. Let me know how you found out!

:p :p

Hi Fun,

I may be confusing what my TA told me with what I think she told me.

I asked for that seating....Sounds to me (from what you say) like I may not know yet. I'll check with my TA & let you know.

Bill:confused:

I think I'll just wait for the surprise of where I'll be. It's more mysterious that way .... LOL. :p

I'm not sure I'll be eating in the dining room anyway. For St. Thomas, Antigua, and Nassau, we'll be departing after 6:00. So, I probably won't be back onto the ship until around 5:00 and will be starving by then, so will go right to the Lido for dinner instead of waiting until 8:00 or 8:30 (whichever is my time).

I might hit the dining room on the 1st night ... just to see who I'm seated with. On my last cruise, they put me at a table of 4 and no one else showed up. So, a man and his daughter invited me to sit at their table. So I did ... for one night ... and then never went back to the dining room. Another time, they didn't have a table for me since there weren't that many singles on the ship (over the holidays). They finally found a spot but I really didn't care for my tablesmates. It was four single men that wouldn't stop bothering me on the ship. It's almost like they were stalking me. I think I might have been the only single woman on the ship. LOL :p

So, I'll just wing it! :p

Archived