Any Solo's, Liberty Dec. 8 07 ?

SoloCruiser17

Well, sounds as if there may be a lot fewer solo's/singles than I've been led to believe. Too late now. Guess there's no better way to find out if I like cruising than having nothing to do BUT experience it. Kinda like baptism by fire. Hope it works out for you......

B.:)

Well, sounds as if there may be a lot fewer solo's/singles than I've been led to believe. Too late now. Guess there's no better way to find out if I like cruising than having nothing to do BUT experience it. Kinda like baptism by fire. Hope it works out for you......

B.:)

This isn't the love boat. If you're looking to meet someone on the ship, you probably should be on a singles cruise.

I go cruising because I enjoy the relaxing time, meeting new people, seeing different places and experiencing new cultures. How much time you spend alone is really up to you.

Our ship should have at least 2500 people on it. There's bound to be more singles that just me and you. The cruise that I mentioned where they had nowhere to seat me was over the Thanksgiving holiday. Holiday cruises, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentines, etc, have a tendency more toward couples and families celebrating the holidays together. My birthday is around Valentines and so 2 years ago I celebrated a birthday on the ship but there were lots of couples! I still had a blast and made lots of new friends, some of which I still email regularly.

Maybe next time, you should try a singles cruise ... see *************.***.:p

Actually, I'm not looking to "meet someone." The love boat/singles concept (from these & other boards) sounds like a meat market. Not my style. Nor is a hermit existence. Your last missive sounded as if it was difficult to just meet people. Pleasant conversation/interaction is all I'm expecting, albeit with other singles/solos as well as couples.

B.

Actually, I'm not looking to "meet someone." The love boat/singles concept (from these & other boards) sounds like a meat market. Not my style. Nor is a hermit existence. Your last missive sounded as if it was difficult to just meet people. Pleasant conversation/interaction is all I'm expecting, albeit with other singles/solos as well as couples.

B.

A friend of mine is booked on a 'singles' cruise and she's been on their board and is really concerned about the whole meat market thing. Lots of people on those ships are expecting that.

I think I was just trying to say that people will be friendly on the ship but don't expect them to approach you. You may have to be the assertive one. This will be my 7th cruise alone and have always had a blast. Other than the awkwardness at the dinner table, I was rarely alone. But, I'm pretty outgoing ... I could talk to anyone ... age doesn't really matter.

Hopefully, we'll hook up on the ship ... it is better to have a partner when you dance .... LOL :p :p

Hey SoloCruiser17 ... something I just remembered. On the 1st night on the ship, there will be a singles get together somewhere on the ship. When you get to your cabin, you will find a "Carnival Capers" newsletter on your bed. Check the time schedule for it. It's usually late, late (11:00 or maybe later) in one of the bars/lounges. I have never gone since I'm usually exhausted by then from a long day of travel.

Anyway, just thought I'd mention it to you ... :p :p

Archived