Price Increase on Bar set up and Beer Helmut

chrisbd1

It's a "deposit" so that you don't run off with it, which means you have to make sure you get credit for it when you turn it in (on the last night).

They do the same thing with towels, too.

In theory, you could forfeit the deposit and keep it, but why?

You can order a bar set-up for your room. Prices are generally $40 to $55 for bottles of spirits. They have wine and beer available too. I was told you have to bring your own mixers or buy them onboard; they aren't available with the bar set-up. We've cruised NCL twice now and determined that it was cheaper to buy the bar set-up rather than drinks on board in the evening. Check out the postings here; someone has the bar set-up menu posted. Order 2 weeks prior to your cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope those are 26oz bottles? And no mix? Not even some tonic and limes with your bottle of gin?

That makes little if any sense? Except for Quebecers and drunks from 18th century England who drinks gin straight.

What does a "bar set up" get you other than a bottle?

Steve

I hope those are 26oz bottles? And no mix? Not even some tonic and limes with your bottle of gin?

That makes little if any sense? Except for Quebecers and drunks from 18th century England who drinks gin straight.

What does a "bar set up" get you other than a bottle?

Steve

The bottle come in litres. I'm not sure of the size of the liqueurs, ports, sherry's or brandys. There's also beer. I'm ordering 6 beer (3 Coors light, 3 Shiner Bocks) then getting the helmet for refillls. You can bring your own mixers on board. OJ is availible, free, in the morning. I'm planning on filling water bottle with OJ and putting them in the fridge.

Bar Set-up is a way to cut you bar tab without going to the naughty room.

I think the prices on some of the liquiors are the same but domestic beer is now $4.54 a bottle.

Can anyone give me a recent price on the beer helmuts?

Last week on NCL Pearl: $3.95 domestic bottle and $19.95 helmut (6 beers) plus tip.

We enjoyed Sunday football on the jumbo screen in the atrium but was disappointed they never used it for movies at night. What a waste of a jumbo screen. Unlike the Dawn and Star, there is no cinema on the Pearl. This was our only disappointment on Pearl.

Last week on NCL Pearl: $3.95 domestic bottle and $19.95 helmut (6 beers) plus tip.

We enjoyed Sunday football on the jumbo screen in the atrium but was disappointed they never used it for movies at night. What a waste of a jumbo screen. Unlike the Dawn and Star, there is no cinema on the Pearl. This was our only disappointment on Pearl.

Got off the Spirit Nov.18th and the prices were the same as the Pearl.The best deal is $6.50 for a can of Fosters(25.4oz.)

The bottle come in litres. I'm not sure of the size of the liqueurs, ports, sherry's or brandys. There's also beer. I'm ordering 6 beer (3 Coors light, 3 Shiner Bocks) then getting the helmet for refillls. You can bring your own mixers on board. OJ is availible, free, in the morning. I'm planning on filling water bottle with OJ and putting them in the fridge.

Bar Set-up is a way to cut you bar tab without going to the naughty room.

I have just been informed, by the ship coordinator, Pride of Aloha, there are no "bar set-ups" on Hawaiian cruises, recon this is true?:confused:

NCl says it's against the law in Hawaii to sell and put bar set ups, with hard liquor, in a Patrons room, and that's a good thing, maybe that will cut down on the number of drunks, except those with lots of money!:o

I guess we will just have to check out the helmet's, huh?:)

NCl says it's against the law in Hawaii to sell and put bar set ups, with hard liquor, in a Patrons room, and that's a good thing, maybe that will cut down on the number of drunks, except those with lots of money!:o

I guess we will just have to check out the helmet's, huh?:)

While it is against Hawaii state law to sell bar setups, it is not against the law to sell the romance packages with wine.

While it is against Hawaii state law to sell bar setups, it is not against the law to sell the romance packages with wine.

So if they catch you smuggling hard liquor into your cabin, the Hawaiian officials will board and come lock you up in the slammer? Well, I'll be darned........................................:(

A sailing we will go, A sailing we will go

Hi Ho the dairy-o, a sailing we will go!

Show me the way to go home

Bom, Bom, Bom

I'm tired and I want to go to bed

Well I had me a drink about an hour ago

And it's went right to my head!

Archived