Travel insurance

stellatj

I know there are lots of posts on this subject but i am still confused

i know its to late to get insurance for my cruise in 2 weeks right?

so my question i booked another cruise for next sept i need to get my insurance now.

i do have see a heart doc twice a year and am on a few heart meds

so i need to get it to cover preexisting conditions. not that i had any problems in 7 yrs since i was told i have a-fib.

i keep hearing about travel guard and travelex which one is the best or tell me what ones are good. i need to get it in the next few days

thanks for any help

I know there are lots of posts on this subject but i am still confused

i know its to late to get insurance for my cruise in 2 weeks right?

so my question i booked another cruise for next sept i need to get my insurance now.

i do have see a heart doc twice a year and am on a few heart meds

so i need to get it to cover preexisting conditions. not that i had any problems in 7 yrs since i was told i have a-fib.

i keep hearing about travel guard and travelex which one is the best or tell me what ones are good. i need to get it in the next few days

thanks for any help

not to late to get insurance for your trip in 2 weeks. It just won't cover pre existing conditions. Have a great cruise:)

Bill

If that is the one that best suits your needs, then go for it. The great thing about insure my trip is you can compare policies side by side.

For me, CSA is best. I've had 3 claims with them and never had a problem collecting.

If you don't mind me asking. What type of claims and how was the response?

I am mostly wondering about any claims on a medical problem while on the ship or in the ports. How does is work....do you pay the cost and then the insurance reimburse you? If so, how long did it take for reimbursement?

I also read in detail the "rules" of missing a cruise and wondered how many hassles a person would need to jump through to prove the claim. Like for instance we are driving to port, and gosh forbid if we had an accident on the way. It doesn't look like our cruise cost would be covered even though it would seem logical that it would be. The fine print is where the insurance seems to fall apart.

None of my claims were medical. Two of them were because the ship was late getting back to port and I missed my flights home. It was Hotel, rebooking fee, automobile rental, food, lost luggage, damage, etc. that I had to claim. .

One of my claims was because my connecting airport was closed down due to tornadoes and couldn't get out until the next day. So, that was a hotel, rental car and food claim.

Maybe someone else has had a medical claim and they can help you with that. I will say, save all receipts, tickets, e-mails for your claim. For my airport closure, I had to get a statement from the airport saying it was closed.

Read your policy to see what you will need in case you need to make a claim.

They won't insure you for any pre-existing conditions unless you buy the insurance close to when you first paid for the trip. But, you can still buy insurance for emergencies that happen on the trip and many other things. Go to insuremytrip.com and check out the options.

I am at 50 some days out for my Fantasy NYE cruise. I need to buy insurance mainly since we ae leaving in the winter time. It worries me about the air travel. Is it too late for me to buy insurance? I always use insuremytrip.

Of all the posts I have read on this subject, CSA is the one travel insurance that I consistantly hear great things about.

The others may be good...however, I have never heard one thing off about CSA.

one more question if it wont cover pre-existing conditions would it still cover you if you needed to be med evact out even if its from a pre-existing condition.

Some do. Some don't.

For example, here's from MH Ross:

"Note: The Pre-existing Condition Limitation is automatically waived for Medical Evacuation / Repatriation."

And this is from CSA:

"The Pre-existing Condition Limitation does not apply to: (a) Emergency Medical Evacuation, Medical Repatriation and Return of Remains coverage"

The best rule of thumb is that if you DO NOT see something like the above you had best assume that the pre-existing xoncition exclusion DOES apply to the emergency evac coverage.

Archived