Island wings flightseeing in Ketchikan

silverjoe

Hi:

My DW and I are taking the island princess northbound Alaska cruise on July 14th. Our itinerary shows us arriving in Ketchikan at 6:30AM. I have been in touch via email with island wings to inquire on the 2 hour misty fjords flightseeing. They have offered me a pickup at 7AM. That doesn't seem possible because we only arrive at 6:30AM. Has anyone else taken this cruise and were able to fly on island wings. I am really interested in this, since it seems to be a better itinerary then the one booked directly through the Island Princess.

I plan on calling Island wings on what is up with this, but any feedback from cruisers experienced with this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Joe

I talked to HAL about priority of getting off the ship. They said they will unload the people who booked the excursion through the ship first, then the rest will be first come first served. So, you may want to get up early and wait in line. Does Island Princess use tender in Ketchikan?

I would definitely contact Island Wings direct about this. I'm quite sure they would wait for you since they are VERY familiar with ship schedules. This trip was the highlight of our 3 weeks in AK, and I hope you have a day as beautiful as we did! :)

I agree with the comments already posted. I did 2 tours with Island Wings on my B2B cruises in September and was very pleased with Michelle and crew.

They pick you up in a white van at the "rain gauge," which is outside the Ketchikan Visitors Center, right where the cruise ships dock.

We were on the northbound Coral Princess last June and also arrived in Ketchikan at 6:30 a.m. Our pick-up time with Island Wings was 7:30. We didn't have the same awesome experience that many have reported, due to a low cloud ceiling at Misty Fjords that caused us to turn back. It wasn't the fault of the pilot, as ours was the first flight of the day, and Misty Fjords is some distance from Ketchikan. Still - it was quite disappointing, especially at $209/pp.

Archived