First time to FP where to stay pre-cruise

time2play

We are so excited, we have booked a 7 day trip for next year on the PG.

At this time it looks like we will have 5-6 nights pre-cruise.

My husband really wants to stay somewhere we don't see on the cruise.

We are thinking 2 nights in a very secluded location, and 3 nights somewhere that has more activities or places to see. That said, we are very open for suggestions and would love to hear from those of you who have been there.

We are also hoping to hear about the transportation to other locations, and if there are combinations of 2 locations that work best.

thanks!

Well I can suggest a few places, some of which I haven't been to, some I have. If you want to stick to places you won't see on your 7-day Society Island itinerary, there's Huahine. And Taha'a (although you do go to Taha'a, but most people don't set foot on the island. And Tikehau. I haven't been to any of these places, but they all sound awesome.

For seclusion, Manihi is great, the Pearl. But 2 days isn't enough, I would think, because you have to take a non-significant plane flight there.

I can guarantee that you will, at the end of your 7-days, wish you had more time to spend on Moorea, so that might be an option for your "active" location--lots of water activities, car rentals, beautiful views, etc. It's easy to get to from Papeete by air or ferry, and the ferry dock is right next to the cruise dock.

Youir "seclusion" will come with a cost.......it's the airfare. Not horrible but at least $200 per person round trip. We think the Hotel Bora Bora is wonderful for privacy and seclusion and their beach bungalows (and their beach) are casually elegant.

Our favorite place for seclusion and a an authentic Polynesian experience is

Te Tiare on Huahine but again, airfare is a condsideration.

Agree that you will want to spend more time on Moorea.....nice snorkeling and great accomms in all price ranges, plus you can get there on the very affordable and comfortable ferry (when you return from the island, you just roll your bags from the ferry dock to the cruise ship dock......very easy).

Many options!!! and very dependent on budget.

More questions.......just ask.

Tikehau is my vote. Stayed there last year and it is quiet and remote. Food was better than our previous experiences on Bora Bora and at the resorts on Tahiti. We are staying at Ta'haa in February because we always wanted to and it is one of the few choices now packaged with Regent air.

Archived