Open Bookings

dalliowner

Does anybody know if open bookings taken out on the triplets can be used on the Odyssey?

When I was on the Pride, I was told that I couldn't use my open booking deposit on the Odyssey. I had to do a separate one. I was told it had to do with the accounting set-up. I was not interested in the Maiden Voyage. As it turns out, I am booking legs of the World Tour, and that's still the Maiden year. I did not ask if I decided not to sail on her, if I could use it for the others.

We did an open booking on our Legend cruise two weeks ago, I was told if we wanted to book the Odyssey we had to take out a seperate booking that cost £1200. We were not prepared to have such a large amount tied up for two years so didn't do it. However when we got home I phoned my TA to ask about the Odyssey's maiden transatlantic which had just become open for us to book and he quoted a price we thought was very good and I asked him if we could use the usual open booking and explained what I had been told on board, he said he had no problem with us using the open booking we did on board, so we are booked for 31st October 2009, can't wait.

There has been some conflict with what UK agents were told and what the official policy is. Therefore there are some luck UK residents that were able to do some things they were not supposed to be able to do. From what I have been told this has been rectified, so everyone is now working with the same rules.

Just to confuse the issue I asked Seaboun direct and they have just sent me a reply as follows:-

"

I wish to advise that if you put a deposit for an open booking whilst on

the Spirit next year, Yes you will will be able to use this (getting the

5% discount) on the Odyssey for some future cruise.

"

So I assume you can

Archived