Skywalkers-How do you get to it????

wizard-of-roz

We were on the Golden...and, because of the rough seas, we never made it to Skywalkers.....DH wanted to go back to the cabin, etc., etc.....

We'll be back on her in a few weeks and this time I'm going to Skywalkers, with or without him.

How do I get there? Is it in the front or back of the ship?

Thanks....Can it be reached by all aft elevators....or are there specific elevators?...I know Princess has a way of using certain elevators for certain places.....Like Canaletto's can only be reached by the end/aft elevators not the middle ones.

Yes,

Skywalker's is reached by means of the aft elevators - specific elevators - not all go to Skywalker's. They will be marked.;)

On the Golden, Skywalkers is the thing some refer to as the 'shopping cart handle' at the back. After riding the elevators, the final ascent is by escalator thru a long, glass tube.

Its sort of a dramatic, interesting design and unfortunate that the newer ships have been designed with Skywalkers moved more forward and lower. We were on the Golden in rough seas and it was quite a ride being up so high and aft...learned a few new dance steps trying to remain upright on both feet. lol

Skywalkers on the Crown has a bonus...you can go outside up on top of Skywalkers roof and have incredible views forward, aft and to both sides while walking the perimeter. Its a perfect spot for sailaway. Its Star Deck 19 on the deck plans.

I kind of prefer the way they have moved Skywalkers forward because it opens up the aft decks to more sunlight. You still get a good panoramic view up the sides of the ship and out over the stern.

Aft elevators up as high as they go (17?), then up the slanting escalator walkway OR just walk up the ramp.

GO UP THERE IN THE DAYTIME................a ship employee tipped me off about that. Unless there's a trivia game or a line dance class there is NO one up there...............total silence..............a great place to curl up with a book in the sunshine on a couch, hanging out over the sea........

where you will either read or fall asleep.;) It's just lovely up there in the daytime.

Grab something to drink before you go or take your water bottle; the bar isn't open then, so there's nothing to enjoy but the quiet.

Thank you so much......Onboard I can be a bit "challenged" when it comes to "up", "down", "forward", "aft", "port" and "starboard"....No big deal...I meet the nicest people this way!

You guys are so helpful! ;)

DH and I were recently on the Grand in an aft cabin. We would go back to our room after a day of touring, mix ourselves a cocktail, and then take the aft elevator up to deck 12(I believe that's the top), and walk through the tube (or you can use the moving walkway if it is running) to Skywalkers. At 5pm it is really quiet and peaceful, and the view from up top is lovely. Sam

Thank you so much......Onboard I can be a bit "challenged" when it comes to "up", "down", "forward", "aft", "port" and "starboard"....No big deal...I meet the nicest people this way!

You guys are so helpful! ;)

That's why I bring my GPS aboard. So I won't get lost.

We were on the Golden...and, because of the rough seas, we never made it to Skywalkers.....DH wanted to go back to the cabin, etc., etc.....

We'll be back on her in a few weeks and this time I'm going to Skywalkers, with or without him.

How do I get there? Is it in the front or back of the ship?

My question after a couple of drinks and some dancing are you going to remember your way back?

My wife and I had to help a couple of girls get back to their floor when we were leaving one night, they were a little messed up they thought we were in Mexico at a bar. :eek:

OK, you guys, now you have my curiosity up!

I am sailing on the Diamond next month with my Mother who will be using one of those motorized scooters to navigate her way through the ship. Will she be able to get into Skywalkers using the scooter? You talk about a ramp, escalator.... is it handicap accessible?

Thanks for your help.

The real question-- is Skywalkers usually pretty full? I know dance clubs often depends from week to week. Best one I've found was the Chamber on the RCCL Explorer about 5 years ago. Packed every night and good music-- hope it's that way on the Crown next week!

Archived