RCI Bus Service from Philly to Bayonne - For Anyone Interested

Just used the RCI bus service this past week for our Explorer cruise. I can't say 100% for sure that this is how the bus service works for every sailing but I would assume that it does. We were told that the bus would pick us up at The Sunpark on 7601 Essington Ave. I think the name might be changing. It is between Bently Truck and a car dealership. We were there an hour early so we parked on the side of the road - not knowing where the bus would pick us up. The bus arrived about 11:05 and drove into the parking lot through the OUT entrance. Soooo - for all those getting dropped off - your ride will have to go into the the lot. We had to go to the back corner on the right hand side. So all the way back and to the right. The driver threw our luggage in and we were off. I called my Mom who dropped us off and she had to pay $2.00 for going in :rolleyes: With AAA you also got a discount so I am not sure if the price would have been more or not?? The $2 isn't going to break the bank but just to drop someone off and pick up? Oh well - it is vacation!!! When we arrived at Cape Liberty, the bus pulled and up and the porters took all of our luggage off the bus. There was someone there to collect tips for the porters. So easy!! When we arrived home - we collected our luggage and there was an Academy Bus rep that told us which bus # to find. Back to the same parking lot and same spot for drop off. The price was $109 round trip which worked for us. Thought this might be helpful for those that are using the bus service or thinking about it. Taking the bus worked out great since we didn't dock until 3pm and didn't get off the ship until 5:30 because of Noel! We didn't have to make any arrangements if we were using other transportation!

Hi! Could you give me a little more info? We have a group of 10 leaving 12/14/07 and have been trying to figure the best way to get all of us & luggage to Bayonne. What was the per person cost? What kind of bus was it? We have a 3, 5, & 7 year old so I'm a little worried about car seats. Thanks!

Hello. The cost per person round trip was $109. The buses were decent. They had tv's if the bus driver decided to play a movie and there was a bathroom. I really couldn't tell you about a car seat. I would think they would fit but that would be something you would have to confirm with RCI or your TA. You would have to contact them to book the bus service depending on if you are using a TA or booking with RCI direct.

Hi! Could you give me a little more info? We have a group of 10 leaving 12/14/07 and have been trying to figure the best way to get all of us & luggage to Bayonne. What was the per person cost? What kind of bus was it? We have a 3, 5, & 7 year old so I'm a little worried about car seats. Thanks!

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/royal/Caribbean/Special_Offers/07007421_EX_busrates.pdf

Looks like your sailing date has free bus service!

Thank you soooo much! This might actually be an option! I didn't realize you were saying $109/pp--I thought that was your total cost, maybe with tax/tip/whatever. So when I read your first post I thought--yeah right! We could get a limo service for $250 each way for all 10 of us! (We've already checked that option). But hey, it doesn't get any better than free, right?!?! Just so I know, how exactly did you find that poster? Just so when I call RCCI I know what I'm talking about (or at least SOUND like it):p Thanks again!

hehehe...actually, now that I've mapquested it, I don't know that this is the best way to go. I didn't realize Essington was all the way down by the airport. We're about 45 minutes NORTH of there (30 mins on a good day with the wind at your back)...so we'd drive 45 minutes south to turn around and drive 2 hours north back to Bayonne. Oooorrrrr...just drive 1 hr. 20 minutes from home to Bayonne. :o Oh well, it was a nice thought. Thanks again for the info.

hehehe...actually, now that I've mapquested it, I don't know that this is the best way to go. I didn't realize Essington was all the way down by the airport. We're about 45 minutes NORTH of there (30 mins on a good day with the wind at your back)...so we'd drive 45 minutes south to turn around and drive 2 hours north back to Bayonne. Oooorrrrr...just drive 1 hr. 20 minutes from home to Bayonne. :o Oh well, it was a nice thought. Thanks again for the info.

The bus might make a p/u in Burlington, NJ too. Not sure how close you are to there. Another CC poster posted the flier for me. Good luck for whatever you decide! It was worth it to me since I was paying for just me!!
Unless not all buses follow the same plan, the bus DOES stop in at least one place in New Jersey.

Terri, didn't yours stop?

Unless not all buses follow the same plan, the bus DOES stop in at least one place in New Jersey.

Terri, didn't yours stop?

Carol - no. We didn't have any pick ups in NJ. There were people from Washington, D. C., Baltimore and Wilmington. Philly was the last p/u for this sailing.

As Terri said there is a pickup in Burlington, NJ. If you are anywhere near the Burlington Bristol Bridge, once across the bridge the bus stop is no more than five minutes on Rte 541. There is parking available there.

Actually, we're in Levittown--about 10 mins. from the BB Bridge. That would be perfect! How do I find out if the bus stops there or not?

Thanks!

Actually, we're in Levittown--about 10 mins. from the BB Bridge. That would be perfect! How do I find out if the bus stops there or not?

Thanks!

Call your TA or RCI - depending on who you booked through. We used a TA and she handled all that for us.

Terri & Other person who's name I forgot to check before I started typing--Thank you so much. Our TA booked all 10 of us yesterday for the 12:00 bus leaving from Burlington. 10 mins from home, free for all of us. That was our last big hurdle to clear before our trip! I can't thank you enough! Now I can say to everyone--HA! All that time I spent on the cruise boards paid off BIG TIME!!!:p See???

Signed,

Smug & Happy in PA;)

Terri & Other person who's name I forgot to check before I started typing--Thank you so much. Our TA booked all 10 of us yesterday for the 12:00 bus leaving from Burlington. 10 mins from home, free for all of us. That was our last big hurdle to clear before our trip! I can't thank you enough! Now I can say to everyone--HA! All that time I spent on the cruise boards paid off BIG TIME!!!:p See???

Signed,

Smug & Happy in PA;)

Congrats!!! That is awesome! I hope everything works out great! :D

Archived