fruit plate

claudiaj

I e-mailed Princess and requested bathrobes in the room, egg crate topper and a fruit plate in the cabin for our CB cruise on 11/25. I read somewhere you could do this. My husband received a call today saying there were 3 different types of fruit plates and one would be in the room daily. Now I am a little worried they are going to charge me for them-like a bon voyage gift. He was totally unaware of any of this and did not know how to answer whatever her question was. He thinks they said something about it being available in the room. Has anyone done this before and can anyone give me any insight to this?

Thanks

ClaudiaJ

If your credit card number was not included in that 'fruit plate' you ordered, then my guess is you won't be charged anything. FYI, there was really no need to order fruit ahead of your cruise. Each cabin is supplied a fruit BOWL by the room steward and replenished as requested.

Even the rest of your requests could have been passed along after you boarded. The only reason we fax a request in for items like egg crate mattress pads and pillows is if we think we might be boarding later than normal and want to make sure they are available and not out of them by the time we board. Princess beds to us are so hard and uncomfortable, the thought of making it through an entire cruise without a mattress pad (and sometimes two as one isn't enough) is scarey.

As far as fruit goes, there is a door hanger that you can request fruit delivered to your cabin daily. The robes/eggcrates etc. can be requested in your cruise personalizer online. I have heard that it is a 50/50 chance of getting those items in your room upon arrival even when requested. So don't set your self up for disappointment, just know it is possible that they might not be there. What a surprise if they are. Happy cruising.:)

As far as fruit goes, there is a door hanger that you can request fruit delivered to your cabin daily. The robes/eggcrates etc. can be requested in your cruise personalizer online. I have heard that it is a 50/50 chance of getting those items in your room upon arrival even when requested. So don't set your self up for disappointment, just know it is possible that they might not be there. What a surprise if they are. Happy cruising.:)

Robes can be requested on your personalizer, egg crate mattress topper, pillows, etc, can not. They either need to be faxed as a special request or you can request them from your room steward when you board.

Ive looked thru the personalizer, I saw the place to request robes, that was it, nothing reg bedding or other special things, i did find the 1 for sodas, where is it you go to add in things?

You can't, plain and simple. You can request them from your room steward when you board, but you can not request pillows or mattress pads online.

thanks for all of your responses. I did not include my credit card on the request but it is in my personalizer.

ClaudiaJ

Claudia, Anything you pre-order will be charged at the time of order to your credit card. It will not be charged to your shipboard account. So, I am sure you are safe on this one. Have a great cruise!

I requested a fruit plate every day by filling in the card that was hung on the cabin door the night before. This was free of charge. You can actually select some specific things within the range available. I skipped bananas but ordered apples and pears and kiwi and they were always fresh and good. They kept me filled up until dinner time.:)

Archived