Do you use it?

IflyWithDi

Just wondering how many people get use out of the topless deck.Or how many think about using it .Or how many never would even if paid.

You could not pay me good money to go up there and scare all those lovely toned people on that deck.

DH and I used it a couple of times on our last cruise until the following happened - we were laying in the lounge chairs reading, and he decided to flip over from back to stomach. As he turned over and laid down on his stomach and started to put the book in front of his face, he had a clear shot of the "gentleman" straight behind us who was not only topless, but bottomless also, and had his legs spread apart a good bit.:eek:

Needless to say, he was apprehensive about going there again.

While I was reading this, I thought to myself, "wow, that's exactly what I would have written". Then I looked at the poster - DUH! How did this get resurrected from almost THREE years ago?!?:eek:

But, it was a nice walk down mammary lane, since the F-deck exists no more, at least for its original purpose.

But, it was a nice walk down mammary lane, since the F-deck exists no more, at least for its original purpose.

Does it not? We're headed on our first cruise shortly, and I was looking forward to a quiet tanning spot to read and drink. The topless option was just extra...

I just found this thread, and was so glad to read that this place existed. Is it just no longer topless?

From what I have been readig its still there

Stolen from a big_duck post on one of the other threads on this subject:

Signs that read:

Adults only deck

No Cameras or Video

Tops Optional

Have been replaced by:

Adults only deck

21 years and older

It is a subtle difference, but it is a difference.

I just keep an eye out for the guys who just come up with a buddy or two to talk about what they are going to do that evening on the ship.

So what if you see them?

What are Jimmy caps??

love socks

love glove

the goalie

jimmy-hat

willie-hat

willie warmers

dobbers

hats

johnnies

poshie

rubber johnnies

sheaths

robber

nodding socks

raincoats

french letters

c**k socks

johnny bag

gentleman’s jerkins

jimmie hatz

• 5 weeks later...

I hope the enforcers read the signs as liberally as I plan to next May on the Victory. :cool: This coming from a conservative soon-to-be 50yo mother, taking oldest son on cruise for his 21st bday, along with family and his friends:)

Just wondering how many people get use out of the topless deck.Or how many think about using it .Or how many never would even if paid.

I use it all the time. DW has to stay out of the sun. On the last cruise six of us were enjoying the peace and quiet. Then the ship went past Stromboli and about 50 people came up to the deck to see the volcano. Some were looking at the volcano and then staring at us. It was a relief when they left and we got back to making like lizards without being disturbed.

BnB

I don't see the "allure" and "secrecy" to it... of course, I live near a nude beach and have been there often. The pleasure of skinny dipping in a pool or the crashing waves - nothing more decadent.

I actually don't go topless on the f-deck unless it's pretty quiet simply because I know there are too many gawkers and kids/others who disturb the peace by thinking that they need to come see and point.

We're regulars at Lighthouse Beach, and there is no allure or secrecy to the F deck except for those with prurient interests on the ship and on these boards.

The reason the sign was changed was because "top optional" was an open invitation to the teens and kids who use the basketball court and volleyball court just below to come up and see what's going on. The thought was that the new sign would keep them from being curious, but they still are. When they come up, we simply kick them out. Of course you can't do that with the adult men who apparently don't know what breasts look like, and so go looking for Cuba and China.

Of course the gawkers are there all the time at the beach and we simply ignore them. The ones who are brazen and try to take pictures without permission are chased away. On a nice summer weekend there are usually about 3 thousand naturists at the first and second cuts of LB.

BnB

My BIL and I visited the F Deck on the Ecstacy and noticed a gal who had fallen asleep and was burning quite badly on the topside. :( Neither of us had the courage to wake her up. What is the proper etiquette in this situation?

The proper etiquette is to go over, tap her on the shoulder or some other non-erogenous zone and say, "excuse me miss but you are getting burnt pretty bad. You're going to be in tremendous pain later on if you don't protect your skin right now."

BnB

Going on the Liberty this month; I've always made use of the funnel deck on prior cruises, and am hoping that the new signage doesn't mean that it's no longer top-optional. . . .

Haven't seen any posts from anyone who has traveled lately as to whether anyone went topless or not.

Going on the Liberty this month; I've always made use of the funnel deck on prior cruises, and am hoping that the new signage doesn't mean that it's no longer top-optional. . . .

Haven't seen any posts from anyone who has traveled lately as to whether anyone went topless or not.

Our cruise was the 8/5/07 Eastern med on the Freedom. The gals were topless, I wore a fig leaf.

BnB

• 2 years later...

Why? Just why?

Anyway, some of this six year info in not accurate. Not all Carnival ships have a topless deck. I wish that were the case because the last cruise on the Conquest our balcony neighbor did his best to remove the towels I had blocking his view. We would have preferred a topless deck.

Archived