Exercise classes

Typically there are spinning, cardio-kick, stretching, abs, yoga, etc, plus the free weights and machines, treadmills, ellipticals, exercise bikes plus spinning bikes.

Note that many of the instructor-led classes such as spinning have a fee, usually ten dollars per class. The weight macnines and free weighst have no cost. You can hire a trainer to help yoou work out with the machines and cardio machines, but I do not know the cost.

Also there are "walk-a-mile sessions for free and some other activities that "pay" a Ship Shape dollar upon completion of such activities. Or your wife can jog or walk or speed walk on the track on the top deck, but I advise doing this fairly early before all the edck chairs are occupied. It is pretty hard to do when every deck chair has a sun bather and the chairs are kind of scattered , plus bar attendents are carrying trays of drinks which does make walking or jogging difficult.

Also Jewel has a rock climbing wall and a putt-putt golf course and ping pong tables for more exercise possibilities. Oh, yes, I forgot the dance classes, too--salsa, merengue, line dancing and macarena. These are all free.

I'm sure with all that is available your wife will find plenty to do to help her stay fit. In fact, she might collect enough Ship Shape dollars to get a Ship Shape T-shirt or other item.

Jewel is a beautiful ship. I hope you like it as much as Hubby and I do.

Archived