Costa Concordia review

kernow

Can you explain what the 5 euro Costa bus in Barcelona was? We are heading to Barcelona on Costa Mediterranea at the end of this month. We only have a 5 hour stop over also and I was considering buying passes for the tourist bus. Is the walk to the actual bus stop long? I will be with my in-laws who are older and I want to make it easy for them.

Also, did you think the tourist bus was a good way to see the city for 4 hours? Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks so much for your input.

Kind regards.

The Costa shuttle ran from the port into the city. Without it, it would have been a long walk and most people seemed to use it.

From where it dropped us off it took maybe 10 minutes to walk to the hop on hop off bus(Place De Catalunya), along Las Ramblas. I think the blue route had a stop that was nearer but we wanted the red route which includes La Sagradia Famillia(sp). There was not enough time to do both routes. We only got off to see the cathedral and I would have liked to see some of the things at the other stops too. However we got a good overview of the city in the limited time and were glad we did it.

Julie

MuscleGrandma,

I think you're asking about the Costa shuttle from the airport? If so that was in the arrivals hall at terminal B. There were 2 women with Costa clipboards who were easy to spot, if you could not see them there was also a Costa desk in the the same area.

The shuttle was supposed to leave at 1pm but it was actually about 1.15 as we had to wait for a couple whose bags had not arrived on their flight.

Julie

• 2 weeks later...

We are considering a kind of last minute cruise on the Concordia for early January. I have a couple of questions about the Concordia, if the OP or anyone else would care to respond. Unfortunately, even though I like Costa, have sailed them quite a bit (Pearl level actually), I have to say that their website is not very user friendly. First question: The booking site lists cabins as "Sansara." They are at several levels, Inside, Outside, etc. I have not heard that term, what is it? Second question: Their website lists the passenger total as being something over 1400, but then lists that there are 1500 cabins, doesn't make sense. It also states that the ship is the largest and longest in the fleet. I assume that the total is wrong, and that it is more like something over 3000 passengers. What is correct?

I know that I could probably get this information from their customer service reps, but somehow it is easier on this board. Thanks for any replies.

Jak378,

Samsara is the spa and the samsara cabins are located in that area(with direct acess I think). They are more expensive than other cabins because they come with a spa package and also unimited access to the spa restaurant. Perhaps someone who has stayed in one can tell you more.

The total number of passengers is around 3500. The only time it felt crowded was in the buffet.

When we were on the ship several Americans told me they use the UK website as it is better than the US one.

Hope this helps,

Julie

Archived