Cross posted: Do you note poor service on comment cards?

flagger

I can't remember which cruise employee said this to me but its stuck. Mentioning them by name on comment cards can help influence them getting promoted and getting financial bonuses.

Aside from the comment cards, there's also the other card you get the last night specifically for recognizing an outstanding crewman.

The name escapes me.......Gold Anchor Club maybe??? :confused:

Aside from the comment cards, there's also the other card you get the last night specifically for recognizing an outstanding crewman.

The name escapes me.......Gold Anchor Club maybe??? :confused:

Only D and D+ get this card. Commodore's Club. ;)

Interesting - I had never seen the COmmodore card but that's because we just made Diamond. So sounds like we will get it on the next cruise and I look forward to mentioning someone. Since I work in a people/service oriented business all too often you only hear the negative on people and not enough positives - I treasure the opportunities when I can hopefully make a small difference by saying someone did an outstanding job. I guess the "smart" employees know when we hand them a seapass card and they see Diamond Level that going that extra mile can pay off for them!

I like that one too. My last cruise I had a hard time deciding who to nominate as I had some outstanding service on the Jewel.

we make note of poor service, as well as service that stands out as exceeding expectations. we try not to nitpick, and we discuss our responses together while filling out the comment card--an activity we do concurrent with final night packing to get the luggage in the hall. we also dont try to measure an RCI cruise as if we were on Crystal or Oceania or Regent, either, and after 6 RCI cruises we do have a certain level of expectation of what level of service RCI can and should provide.

We do the same, but we don't discuss it before we fill out the comment cards. Bob does his and I do mine, and then I read his.

I get quite detailed - both good and bad. Most of the bad though isn't about people who are eligible for tips - It's things like the check-in procedure or the purser's desk.

I don't compare the cruise or people against other cruises. I only note items which can be fixed so that subsequent cruises could be better.

Archived