Crane Beach or Bottom Bay?

Kerry&LuAnn

Any comments or opinions about Crane Beach or Bottom Bay?

Gorgeous and gorgeous-er.

Bottom Bay is not easy to find, but you will find it.

Crane is right there..easy to find.

If you can't find Crane you deserve to be lost.:)

Bottom Bay has nothing there, no towels no chairs, no bar no restaurant

no services whatsoever except those provided by Mother Nature.

Wind and water this color.

Any comments or opinions about Crane Beach or Bottom Bay?

Gorgeous and gorgeous-er.

Bottom Bay is not easy to find, but you will find it.

Crane is right there..easy to find.

If you can't find Crane you deserve to be lost.:)

Bottom Bay has nothing there, no towels no chairs, no bar no restaurant

no services whatsoever except those provided by Mother Nature.

Wind and water this color.

Would you choose Crane Beach or Bottom Bay over Accra?

If you feel the need to get away from it all, Crane is your beach.

If you feel the need to really get away from it all, then Bottom Bay is it

but you'll need to take any and everything you'll need for the day

- it is remote!

and the taxi fare will cost ya even more than fare to the Crane.

And you'd better hope he comes back for you at Bottom Bay,

because I'm not joking when I say there's nothing there.

Accra on the other hand is conveniently close, with various facilities nearby

less than half the taxi fare, on a bus route if need be

but it's only about 90-95% as 'nice' as Crane or Bottom Bay.

It depends on what you want your beach day to be!

Crane and Bottom Bay are clear over the other side of the island.

Accra is much closer to your ship.

You need a week here, don't you?!

- spend a day at each of these three beaches

and that's half your week taken care of, right there!

If you feel the need to get away from it all, Crane is your beach. If you feel the need to really get away from it all, then Bottom Bay is it but you'll need to take any and everything you'll need for the day - it is remote! and the taxi fare will cost ya even more than fare to the Crane. And you'd better hope he comes back for you at Bottom Bay, because I'm not joking when I say there's nothing there.

You need a week here, don't you?! - spend a day at each of these three beaches and that's half your week taken care of, right there!

We want to get away from it all, but not stranded! Or, maybe we do want to be stranded....;) We're becoming convinced that we might need even more than one week to enjoy all the wonderful beaches of the island!

I would caution you about visiting any of the “deserted”, but beautiful beaches on our east coast (from Lakes Beach to Long Bay).

Unless you’re with a large group, or you see many beachgoers on the beach you choose, it is advisable to forgo your visit. This is not only true of our beaches, but any beach.

It isn’t safe anymore to be alone on a beach. Those days are over.

Just cab, or bus to Crane. Enjoy the unmatched beauty and solitude (you’re safe here), have a wonderful lunch in their restaurant and have them call a cab for you. Easy deal.

See Bottom Bay, Conger, Conset, etc on our next visit.

Where else in the Caribbean can one see this?

Crane Beach, Barbados

crane-beach-barbados.jpg

Enjoy! :)

This may be a silly question that has been asked more than once, but is there an admission charge to these beaches or are they public access? We will actually be doing a tour of the whole island during our one day stop in Barbados, but would like to make a stop at one or two beaches. However, since we won't be spending the whole day there it doesn't seem worth it to pay an admission charge for only a few minutes stay.

By the way, the pictures are absolutely breathtaking! I can't wait to get to Barbados. :)

This may be a silly question that has been asked more than once, but is there an admission charge to these beaches or are they public access? We will actually be doing a tour of the whole island during our one day stop in Barbados, but would like to make a stop at one or two beaches. However, since we won't be spending the whole day there it doesn't seem worth it to pay an admission charge for only a few minutes stay.

By the way, the pictures are absolutely breathtaking! I can't wait to get to Barbados. :)

All beaches in Barbados are free to the public.

That being said, direct access is sometimes difficult and paying a small fee to the the establishment that fronts the beach is sometime preferable to a long walk around.

Crane is an example of that.

You can access the beach below The hotel and walk the rocks to get there, or pay a US$6-8(?) fee to use their access and apply the charge to drinks or lunch.

The Boatyard is another that can be accessed without paying a fee to the establishment.

It amounts to time and trouble, but all the beaches on the island are free.

:)

Hey, Barbados:

If we are looking for an intimate beachfront hotel in Barbados for 3 days before our Windsurf cruise on 12/30, what recommendations do you have? Accra Beach Hotel appears too large; Crane looks lovely but only accepts 1 week rentals over the holidays. Help--I need suggestions!

Thanks! :)

I was just married on BOTTOM BAY BEACH last September. I also convinced another bride on these boards to wed on that beach as well (hopefully she will be posting pics soon! Although it's only been a week so I am cutting her some slack ;) ). If you want to see some recent pics of BOTTOM BAY go to www.webshots.com and search for my photo album or search name or whatever they call it which is CALVINLINDY (all one word). We took a limo there and it took about 45 minutes from the port. They did have beach chairs there though (as you will see in the pics) and even at 10 in the AM there were some Barbadian people there selling huge conch shells and homemade beaded jewelry. But as far as any food or drinks, forget it! Hope you check out the pics - it was absolutely gorgeous! Oh, and just because there were a few guys there selling local merchandise, doesn't mean it was crowded. Besides those 2 guys, there was NOBODY there but our wedding party :) We had the beach to ourselves!!!! VERY SECLUDED and simply SPECTACULAR! Kim

• 2 weeks later...

Archived