Zoom airlines...

chrob

I am looking to book a flight from the UK to Vancouver and have found the best price to be with Zoom airlines but am a little worried because I have never heard of them.

I realise that they are a Canadian airline and was wondering if any Canadians out there could pass on experiences/opinions on the airline.

Comments good and bad appreciated.

I've never heard of them either but they sound like they're either very fast or from a childrens song

[I]"My name is Zoom and I live on the moon but I came down here just to sing you this tune"[/I]

Sorry...let me look

Well yes, they're real, look:

[url]http://www.flyzoom.com/[/url]

[b]Hello! ZOOM Airlines is NOT a Canadian airlines but is from Scotland.:eek: Now I have heard fair reports about it. They have I believe only two aircraft so be careful.:confused: If your going to do a cruise, allow yourself an extra day or two.:rolleyes: Have a great time. Leslie[/b]

We have just returned from a Med cruise and we used Zoom to fly transatlantic. Here is a link to the other thread where I posted my review of the airline.

[url="http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=63276"]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=63276[/url]

We were very pleased witrh Zoom!

[quote name='Leslieswiger'][b]Hello! ZOOM Airlines is NOT a Canadian airlines but is from Scotland.[/b][/QUOTE] :confused: Where did this information come from?

From [URL=http://www.flyzoom.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=pubDsp.dspCompany]www.flyzoom.com[/URL]:-[QUOTE][B]Company info[/B]

Zoom Airlines Inc. was incorporated in May, 2002 by a team of industry veterans with extensive travel and aviation experience. Based in our Nation’s Capital, the company was created to fill an emerging opportunity in the Canadian leisure travel market. Zoom operates a combination of scheduled and charter services to destinations including the U.K., France, the Caribbean and the Southern US.

[B]Our Mission[/B]
Zoom Airline’s goal is to become Canada’s most popular and trusted leisure airline. We will deliver a professional, yet relaxed experience to our customers, while ensuring compliance with rigorous safety standards.[/QUOTE] The only advice I would offer is that as the airline's current business model is very new (as they have recently switched from a different model) you might want to make sure that you have sufficient protection against financial failure, whether through a credit card purchase or through airline failure insurance. I don't know of anything which would cause me to worry, it's just that I would myself make sure that there is something like that in place for any airline from which I buy a ticket, unless I am personally confident that I know enough about the airline to be satisfied that it won't go under before the end of my trip.

As sung by Ella:-[QUOTE]Slap that bass
Slap it till its dizzy
Slap that bass
Keep the rhythm busy
Zoom zoom zoom
Misery, you've got to go

Slap that bass
Use it like a tonic
Slap that bass
Keep your philharmonic
Zoom zoom zoom
And the milk and honey'll flow
[/QUOTE]

I assure anyone who doesn't know, Zoom Airlines is Canadian owned and operated, with their headquarters here in Ottawa. They specialize in charter flights, during the winter from Canada to the Sun (Cuba, Dominican Republic, etc), and charters to Europe in the summer - Glasgow/London to Ottawa, Toronto, Vancouver; Paris to Montreal, etc. I haven't flown on them but they fly three 767 airplanes with a "premium economy" section, which people have told me is quite comfortable and comes with free booze - which might come in handy since it's a long flight from the UK to Vancouver! If it's significantly cheaper than scheduled airlines, I'd go with it, otherwise... caveat emptor!

Enjoy Vancouver!
-bb123

Archived