Live from the Sun Princess

gooch47

Linda,

Sounds like you are making the best of the problems, and that's really all you can do. I hope you won't end up missing any more excursions. That's the thing that would be depressing for me. We are all looking forward to your full report but definitely enjoy the updates. I can imagine you don't want to waste too much of your time on the internet! Have fun. Brenda

She needs a little sprucing up, but yes, she is a beautiful ship. I like her shape better than the Grand class ones. They look top heavy.

It was a medical evacuation the other night. I still haven't learned what the one was that I thought might be a fire, though.

The sea has been as smooth as glass. I like a little motion, though. Maybe I should be careful what I wish for.

There are only 220 Americans on board. Strange to be in the minority. But the Australians are wonderful. So friendly and chatty.

She needs a little sprucing up, but yes, she is a beautiful ship. I like her shape better than the Grand class ones. They look top heavy.

It was a medical evacuation the other night. I still haven't learned what the one was that I thought might be a fire, though.

The sea has been as smooth as glass. I like a little motion, though. Maybe I should be careful what I wish for.

There are only 220 Americans on board. Strange to be in the minority. But the Australians are wonderful. So friendly and chatty.

I hope that it does remain smooth sailing for you Linda. You have learnt (very quickly - I'm sure) that yes us Aussie's love to have a chat. Just watch out for our sense of humour sometimes!!:D

then i am going on this cruise.

i could do with MY wrinkles ironed out :D

haha me too:D do they do liposuction:confused:

Chez

xx

I am sure with the vacuum on some of those toilets it can be arranged

You two crack me up!!!! :D

As for the "Friends of Henry" issue, i've noticed several of our US friends have 'Henry' avatars LOL! All makes sense to me now ;)

Nice to hear the sea is calm and things seem to be looking up Linda. I'm sure you're coping with the Aussie sense of humour etc...after all you had time to study up on the "Aussie Slang for Gooch" thread Kaz started for you http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=608461 Was it any help ???

Love hearing from you from on board and definitely can't wait for the full review :D . don't worry about ironing out your wrinkles before you get started when you get home !!

cheers

ness

Great day today. Hot though. Around 94 degrees with 100% humidity.

We went to see the jumping crocodiles and they were as advertised. They lept out of the water about 4-5 feet to get meat hung from string off fishing poles. They told us, "DO NOT!!! put your hands or anything else outside the boat." Didn't have to warn me!

Another sea day tomorrow then to Broome.

Hey guy's just looking around the internet as you do I stumbled over what could be a change in itinerary,

On Tavelocity.com (hope they keep this in) they show a change from Yorkey's Knob to TSUGARU KAIKYO, JAPAN could this be true or a mistake i wonder.

Olivia & I are on this cruise, is it possible this could be correct ie they leave Oz waters.

Maybe Linda or someone else currently on board can do a little fishing to see if this is correct.

Kevin.:rolleyes:

Hey guy's just looking around the internet as you do I stumbled over what could be a change in itinerary,

On Tavelocity.com (hope they keep this in) they show a change from Yorkey's Knob to TSUGARU KAIKYO, JAPAN could this be true or a mistake i wonder.

Olivia & I are on this cruise, is it possible this could be correct ie they leave Oz waters.

Maybe Linda or someone else currently on board can do a little fishing to see if this is correct.

Kevin,

The itineraries on that site are unreliable ( I am pretty sure that site had the same error for the current cruise). Our New Years cruise itinerary is also incorrect on their site. Have you considered how many days at sea it would take to get there and back, it is one heck of a diversion.

The Princess personaliser will be the first place to show any confirmed itinerary changes.

I agree, it would be nice though, even just for the duty free.

Cheers

Geoff

Japan is no where near Oz unless there is an island close by owned by Japan, any body?

Kevin,

The itineraries on that site are unreliable ( I am pretty sure that site had the same error for the current cruise). Our New Years cruise itinerary is also incorrect on their site. Have you considered how many days at sea it would take to get there and back, it is one heck of a diversion.

The Princess personaliser will be the first place to show any confirmed itinerary changes.

I agree, it would be nice though, even just for the duty free.

Cheers

Geoff

Thanks for that Geoff, just wishful thinking i guess.

Cheers

Kevin.

PS i sure do hope they do overcome this duty free thing though.

Kevin have you logged into your cruise personaliser - this should show the current itinerary.....

haaa thanks Geoff - shows what happens when you walk away (to chase a naughty dog) .... but agree 100% with your input

Kevin have you logged into your cruise personaliser - this should show the current itinerary.....

haaa thanks Geoff - shows what happens when you walk away (to chase a naughty dog) .... but agree 100% with your input

Yes i did check there which does show no changes, as i said wishful thinking!

Cheers

Kevin.

Hi Linda

Glad you enjoyed Darwin - yes it is very hot and humid this time of year as its our wet season. Was your croc cruise on the Adelaide River Queen?

Croc cruises are great fun and its an opportunity to see some crocs in their natural habitat.

Did you get a lightening and thunder show last night with a storm - we got a ripper in Katherine and lost all power for 7 hours - not the thing you want to happen when its 25 degrees at midnight!!

Rach

No, we didn't get a storm last night at all. It didn't rain at all in Darwin either which surprised us.

Linda,

The weather in Darwin tricked us too. We spent a couple of weeks in Darwin at this time in 2005. Nearly everyday, I would tell my mate it was going to pelt down raining that afternoon. With his local knowledge, he would say not today. He was right everytime. In the two humid weeks, we encountered one brief shower in Litchfield Nat Park.

The same weather at home (90 mins North of Sydney) would have led to storms and rain every afternoon.

Cheers

Geoff

hi geoff, You mentioned Litchfield Nat Park. Is it worth visiting for the day as it is one of the tours we are looking at in darwin next March on Princess.

Thanks Kerrie

Hi Kerrie,

One of our favourite places out of Darwin is visited at the Litchfield shore tour. Wangi falls is a great place for a cooling swim under the waterfall. I noticed the disclamer in the shore tours being dependant on weather. The disclaimer is not totally accurate though.

Swimming at the falls is stopped during wet season, as salt water crocodiles are often washed into the area. This remains closed until the rangers are 100% sure there are none of these crocodiles left in the lagoon. I think swimming will probably be prohibited in March, but there are lots of other attractions on that tour, and the falls will look sensational.

I think it will be a full and interesting day trip.

Cheers

Geoff

hi geoff, You mentioned Litchfield Nat Park. Is it worth visiting for the day as it is one of the tours we are looking at in darwin next March on Princess.

Thanks Kerrie

Hi Kerrie

Litchfield will be closed for swimming at the various falls from 31 oct through to end April as this is our typical wet season weather. The reason for the closure is roads flooding and saltwater crocs.

Rach

.....The sea has been as smooth as glass. I like a little motion, though. Maybe I should be careful what I wish for....

Linda,

I have just checked the wave predictions for the next 4 days. Looks like the sea will be reasonably calm till Exmouth on Tuesday.

Looks like your wishes might come true on the run to Fremantle. Nothing dangerous, but certainly bumpy.

Cheers

Geoff

.....The sea has been as smooth as glass. I like a little motion, though. Maybe I should be careful what I wish for....

Have found these to be handy links:

Parent site - https://www.fnmoc.navy.mil/public/

Indian Ocean swell 144hr loop - https://www.fnmoc.navy.mil/ww3_cgi/cgi-bin/ww3_loop.cgi?color=b&area=indo&prod=swl_wav_ht

Pacific Ocean swell 144hr loop - https://www.fnmoc.navy.mil/ww3_cgi/cgi-bin/ww3_loop.cgi?color=b&area=spac&prod=swl_wav_ht

Cheers

Geoff

Archived