Water on Majesty

jdarch

Still on the railing about our choice of the Majesty for '08 cruise. The reviews make for a hard call as the Majesty always seems panned hard one way or the other. Anyway, the reports of brown tinted water (rust?) keep popping up. Any comments from cruisers here? Seems to have popped up for at least a year. Hasn't this ever been fixed??

Still on the railing about our choice of the Majesty for '08 cruise. The reviews make for a hard call as the Majesty always seems panned hard one way or the other.

Always? We've cruised her twice and enjoyed both very much. Be careful about generalizations and don't believe everything you read that's negative. May reflect the writer more than the subject.

Always? We've cruised her twice and enjoyed both very much. Be careful about generalizations and don't believe everything you read that's negative. May reflect the writer more than the subject.

Thanks for your positivity: however your experience is just my point: over time, (okay ....frequently) you find folks who love the Majesty (read as panned one way), and others (even on the same cruise) who had such a bad time, they might as well have been on a different ship (read as panned other way). Of course you can't believe everything you read - positive or negative. But we've read forums long enough to always wonder: who do you believe?

Thanks for your positivity: however your experience is just my point: over time, (okay ....frequently) you find folks who love the Majesty (read as panned one way), and others (even on the same cruise) who had such a bad time, they might as well have been on a different ship (read as panned other way). Of course you can't believe everything you read - positive or negative. But we've read forums long enough to always wonder: who do you believe?

Hi Neighbors,

It always seems to me that those who give a negative review tend to exaggerate in order to give their complaint more credence. I tend to give the positives more weight.

I see that you've been on the, Zenith which was our favorite ship, and you've also been on the Journey. If you're considering the Majesty you must like the smaller ships.

I was on the Majesty last winter and I will say that there are differences which I attribute to the cruise line and not necessarily the ship per se. I did not care for freestyle dining but that's a purely personal preference. We did not take the Journey because although we enjoy a certain amount of pampering we do not need or want a butler, personal choice once again. We went on RCI Empress of the Seas and were very happy.

Even though there were some things we were used to on Celebrity, I would not say we would never go on the Majesty again, matter of fact we're considering it for Bermuda next year.

Maybe we just have low standards but as long as we have cleans linens, hot water (which by the way was never brown on the Majesty), decent food, some entertainment, a good price, we can drive to the port and the ship gets us where we're going, we're pretty happy.

Hi Neighbors,

It always seems to me that those who give a negative review tend to exaggerate in order to give their complaint more credence. I tend to give the positives more weight.

I see that you've been on the, Zenith which was our favorite ship, and you've also been on the Journey. If you're considering the Majesty you must like the smaller ships.

I was on the Majesty last winter and I will say that there are differences which I attribute to the cruise line and not necessarily the ship per se. I did not care for freestyle dining but that's a purely personal preference. We did not take the Journey because although we enjoy a certain amount of pampering we do not need or want a butler, personal choice once again. We went on RCI Empress of the Seas and were very happy.

Even though there were some things we were used to on Celebrity, I would not say we would never go on the Majesty again, matter of fact we're considering it for Bermuda next year.

Maybe we just have low standards but as long as we have cleans linens, hot water (which by the way was never brown on the Majesty), decent food, some entertainment, a good price, we can drive to the port and the ship gets us where we're going, we're pretty happy.

Wow. A calm, rational, reasonable post - am I in the right forum?? :D Seriously, thanks for a nicely thought-out reply. Yes, we seem to end up on the smaller ships (even though I am not the best at sea-faring). The cruise length and St George are big reasons, and we just can't seem to wrap ourselves around docking at Kings Wharf for just over two days. We were booked next on Explorer of the Seas - curious about that size/style, but decided nahhh... By the way, we did have a beautiful trip on the Journey. For the record, dressing your steward in tails does not a butler make! ;) Didn't matter - absolutely a great crew and if we had to lose the Zenith, the Journey was a nice replacement. Certainly can't meet their prices now! We'll just plan to keep an open mind about the Majesty. Thanks again.

Archived