Transfer in EWR- Tell me about EWR

Ev1995

Hi there, we will be flying in late Feb., from Canada going to Fll. How easy is it to navigate, get luggage and go through customs? Some airports are really set up well, how about EWR?

Thanks

What airline? I haven't done customs at EWR .....but, it can be a little slow overall.

There is a monorail to get you from terminal to terminal if necessary.....it isn't as bad there as at some places, but make sure you at least have 90 minutes just to be safe....i am sure more helpful people will respond...but at least you have a start.

if you want to see a map of the airport check here:

www.panynj.com which is the website for the authority that runs the NY area airports and stuff.

doesn't most of Canada pre clear before entering the US at all....and then it just change planes. No matter which terminal the Newark Terminals are connected by a Skytrain that is free within the airport. EWR is well laid out...but if I had the choice of changing further south like Atlanta I personally would.

Flying Continental out of Moncton NB, and my TA said we did customs in EWR, she has done this herself. Moncton only has three or 4 gates , so it is on the small side. No US customs there, Just Canadian on the way back.

Flying Continental out of Moncton NB, and my TA said we did customs in EWR, she has done this herself. Moncton only has three or 4 gates , so it is on the small side. No US customs there, Just Canadian on the way back.

After you pass through customs Continental takes your checked luggage back to the plane. If you connection isn't at that terminal(and it probably won't be)- there are three terminals with three arms each at each terminal-- you take your hand luggage and take the skytrain to the terminal you are leaving from....its pretty easier but it can be a walk to the gate once you get to the terminal

• 2 weeks later...

We just flew back on Continental from Barcelona through EWR to connect with our flight to SC and collected our luggage, went through customs, and then turned it back in again........our flight landed on a Monday around 2 pm, but it was all pretty straight forward; no long waits other than the usual wait to get back through security. I'll take being safe any day! We had a little over 2 hours to do it all in, and had plenty of time. Hope that helps!

Thanks for the info, our flights will be on a Monday, just a little earlier, and on the return , it will be a friday at the same time.

We have 3 hrs going, which will have customs, and 2 returning, which will not have customs, as it will be customs when we get back to Canada.

Sounds like lots of time for both ways.

Thanks again.

Archived