Got my stateroom assignment!!

smashley

For my cruise on January 5th... woohooooo! :p We received Riviera deck #1239... bottom deck, can anyone give me their thoughts on where we're placed? what to expect? We chose the lowest possible option so not disappointed at all. Can't wait.

For my cruise on January 5th... woohooooo! :p We received Riviera deck #1239... bottom deck, can anyone give me their thoughts on where we're placed? what to expect? We chose the lowest possible option so not disappointed at all. Can't wait.

Hey Ashley.. there are about 40 of us joining you with the CC group .. I don't know if you booked thru the group cruise agency.. But there is a 1A showing available 2462 it is one of the 2 1As with the 2 picture windows.. you may want to try and get your cabin switched.. it maybe even a lower price as your current assignment is a 4A.

Hey Ashley.. there are about 40 of us joining you with the CC group .. I don't know if you booked thru the group cruise agency.. But there is a 1A showing available 2462 it is one of the 2 1As with the 2 picture windows.. you may want to try and get your cabin switched.. it maybe even a lower price as your current assignment is a 4A.

We didn't book through the group cruise but are looking forward to it being a crazy & fun trip!! When I booked it for my boyfriend and I, we did a 1A GTY. So we must have been upgraded, right? Can I still try and request the cabin you suggested?

We didn't book through the group cruise but are looking forward to it being a crazy & fun trip!! When I booked it for my boyfriend and I, we did a 1A GTY. So we must have been upgraded, right? Can I still try and request the cabin you suggested?

I would call Carnival and ask if you can get that cabin.. if you booked a 1A it shouldn't be anymore.. unless they raised the prices;) You can always give it a shot :p Yes you were upgraded to another inside.. this 1A has 2 picture windows... 2462..

We look forward to meeting you as well make sure to let us know who ya are... or come visit us on the Freedom thread ..:)

We payed $499 for our 1A gty so they've definitely raised the prices! Worth a shot anyway I guess!:) Will let you know how it goes!

Sometimes they wouldnt change your cabin because by booking a 1A guarantee you agreed to take any cabin they assigned. Good luck. Sometimes you can talk them into changing the cabin anyway.

Let us know how it goes, so others know if they can switch cabins without an argument.

We payed $499 for our 1A gty so they've definitely raised the prices! Worth a shot anyway I guess!:) Will let you know how it goes!

Doesnt hurt to call and ask worst you will hear is more money and NO:( you can't transfer.. but ya tried:) But remember this is a 1A.. not everyone knows about it..so you may luck in.. I wish you LUCK.. best they can say is YES :D

Sometimes they wouldnt change your cabin because by booking a 1A guarantee you agreed to take any cabin they assigned. Good luck. Sometimes you can talk them into changing the cabin anyway.

Let us know how it goes, so others know if they can switch cabins without an argument.

I don't think many people booking a 1A getting an upgrade would call for a downgrade.. it may work... ;)

Okay so I just called and was told that I would have to pay $200.36 total more than what I have already payed... the person that I spoke to also asked why I was asking for that specific cabin and I told him I was informed there were windows and that it was somewhat of a better room for a 1A category. He said for the extra price he would suggest I don't do it, specifically because the windows were only "portholes" and that the two twin beds don't convert into a king... so it is actually a downgrade. I was told I'm getting a better cabin for a cheaper price. Not sure who to believe, but at the moment I wasn't able to request it unless I pay more.

Okay so I just called and was told that I would have to pay $200.36 total more than what I have already payed... the person that I spoke to also asked why I was asking for that specific cabin and I told him I was informed there were windows and that it was somewhat of a better room for a 1A category. He said for the extra price he would suggest I don't do it, specifically because the windows were only "portholes" and that the two twin beds don't convert into a king... so it is actually a downgrade. I was told I'm getting a better cabin for a cheaper price. Not sure who to believe, but at the moment I wasn't able to request it unless I pay more.

As I mentioned prices may have gone up.. but this is a 1A.. here is a link to the pics of the cabin..if you are not worried about natural light.. then .. you wouldnt have to worry about keeping your cabin.. I just thought maybe you could get this one at a lower rate !!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=321859&highlight=2465

I need some more advice on this so I don't call back and make a fool out of myself, LOL.

How much more does Carnival charge for "picking" your cabin #? The Carnival rep priced the room at $200 extra but then made it sound as though it might be different since I am downgrading. But then again I booked a 1A gty to begin with so I guess I am just confused with this whole process. Can someone explain it to the dummy? :p

I need some more advice on this so I don't call back and make a fool out of myself, LOL.

How much more does Carnival charge for "picking" your cabin #? The Carnival rep priced the room at $200 extra but then made it sound as though it might be different since I am downgrading. But then again I booked a 1A gty to begin with so I guess I am just confused with this whole process. Can someone explain it to the dummy? :p

There is no specific price to choose your own cabin. Price out what a 1A currently costs on your cruise to see if that is the rate you are being quoted.

The problem as I said above is that you choose a guarantee which means you agreed they could put you anywhere on the ship and now you want to change what you previously choose. They dont have to move you for free which is what some said to try for. Thats why they said "try", they knew Carnival had the right to refuse to move you without paying the current price for the 1A.

You could just chalk it up to a learning experience and next time choose your cabin? Id be happy with a 4A assignment myself since Im on a Fantasy class ship and 1As are not selling that well and Im thinking Im going to wind up in bunkbeds.....which they could have given to you, the regular 1As. You got the upgrade to regular beds on the floor at least.

I choose the 1A guarantee because the IS guarantee would have been $60 more and the 4A (could have gotten the free upgrade 2 decks) would have been $120 more, so I went with the 1A guarantee too. Had to cancel my Jan cruise :( so guess Ill never know what I would have gotten, darn. But the prices vary by cruise, there is no specific rate to choose a cabin.

I see, so choosing your own cabin actually doesn't cost any extra than a gty would? Sorry if I'm misunderstanding this, haha.

I'm definitely more than fine with where we've been placed! The windows would have been a nice touch, but we won't be in our room that much anyway. Thanks for all the help guys!

I see, so choosing your own cabin actually doesn't cost any extra than a gty would? Sorry if I'm misunderstanding this, haha.

I'm definitely more than fine with where we've been placed! The windows would have been a nice touch, but we won't be in our room that much anyway. Thanks for all the help guys!

From what I know .. it does not;) When booking the gty.. you just hope for an upgrade which you did receive:p

Archived