Crown Princess-how early can you check in?

travelgirl04

We are sailing out of San Juan on the Crown Princess. Our flight is pretty early. I was wondering how early we can check in and check our bags for the cruise? We dont need to board the ship or anything, just hoping not to be stuck sitting in the terminal with our bags when we could be exploring San Juan.

Thanks!:)

I sail on Nov. 24th and I believe they quoted the check in time as 1:00. Says to arrive after 2:00 for faster check in. Well I don't have to worry... my flight lands at 2:30 and I've got the Princess transfers. Figure I should get to the ship by 4, and not see much at all as far as lines.

I am also on the November 24th sailing of the Crown. We're getting into San Juan the day before and most of us plan on being at the cruise terminal by 12:00. You can hand over your luggage right away and get your cruise cards. What you do from there is up to you. If they're boarding, go see your room, drop off your carry-on and then get off the ship to check out San Juan. It all depends on how quickly they get passengers off from the prior sailing.

Vince - we've got a roll call going. You're more than welcome to join in. I've started a website for our sailing as well. http://mysite.verizon.net/vzesug01/crownprincess112407 A few of us are meeting for a pre-cruise dinner (which you will miss as you're flying in Saturday) and then we're meeting up for a Sailaway Party Saturday night at 10:00. All of the info is on the website.

We have a flight that gets in at 9 am. We were planning on taking a taxi to the pier and hoping we can just find a porter to take our bags. Then walk around old San Juan for a few hours before checking in. I don't cruise until March, so let me now what you find out

Thanks for the replies but does anyone know if you can check in and check your bags so that we can explore San Juan? I am not concerned with boarding the ship early, I just want to know if we can check in (especially our bags) at the pier in the morning? Thanks!

Thanks for the replies but does anyone know if you can check in and check your bags so that we can explore San Juan? I am not concerned with boarding the ship early, I just want to know if we can check in (especially our bags) at the pier in the morning? Thanks!

Yes you can leave your bags. :)

Although we did not embark in San Juan, we did have the displeasure of disembarking there a few weeks ago. It was crazy. I was told by ship personnel (and with some notes on the boards here), that San Juan is a very difficult port. The lines were very long to board when we disembarked at close to 1 PM (very long story as to why we were so late getting off). The curb was mass chaos with people trying to get on buses, people getting off buses, and taxi lines. We had the opposite experience in Brooklyn; less than an hour from door to cabin and no lines anywhere (we were very early, before 11 AM). If you want to walk around Old San Juan (which is very beautiful), my suggestioin would be to attempt to drop your luggage at the ship first and then wander. If it's too chaotic there, you can bring your luggage a couple of blocks up to Barrista's (? sp). the ship noted that they will store your luggage for you while you wander for free. They are approved by Princess and they aren't far from the pier. NOt sure what time your cruise sails but I know the one that followed ours wasn't sailing until 11 PM so you have plenty of time to wander if that's the case. Everything is very close and there is a free trolley service that you can hop on and off that takes you around the entire town and stops very close to the ship. Hope that helps

We have a flight that gets in at 9 am. We were planning on taking a taxi to the pier and hoping we can just find a porter to take our bags. Then walk around old San Juan for a few hours before checking in. I don't cruise until March, so let me now what you find out

Only problem I can see with your plan is I think the porters will be busy helping the people disembarking.

Only problem I can see with your plan is I think the porters will be busy helping the people disembarking.

Yeah, I thought of that too, but figure when they bring someones bags out to the curb they probably wouldn't mind making some money taking bags back in, especially since they are going that way anyways.

wILL be sailing on the Crown in april..... Your itiernary is the same which includes st kitts bonaire, grenada etc... Please im me on embarkation from SJ how these s islands are to visist excursions yo liked or any info on speciality restaurants.. APPRECIATE YOUR COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS.

EMAIL AT JJANNUKE@AOL.COM... THANKS AND HAVE A GREAT TIME ON YOIUR NOV. CRUISE

Archived