Windsurf Refit-Does it need it?

blackfoot

Where this coming from is a review this week of a Windstar cruise this month in the Med. Check it out; sounds like the Windstar is in tough condition and I'm wondering what condition Windsurf is in.

We are paying top $ to go on Windstar cruise and I expect that the ships are not in rundown condition.

I think 6rugrats is right. Windsurf should be in great condition. We sailed it when it first come online (It had been the Club Med II)...and it was not satisfactory. No way! I'm not talking cruise or crew, but the ship. We learned there were many, many passenger and crew complaints...as in the thousands. That was in 2000. It was then taken out of service and totally redone. Better dock access, completely gutted and updgraded kitchen, cabins upgraded (in some cases, every 2 Club Med cabins became one Windsurf cabin), etc. We sailed the ship again, in 2005, and oh boy, what a difference. I can't imagine it being in unsatisfactory condition at this point.

Just got of the Windsurf 2 days ago and I can assure everybody she is in great condition. Chef Marco prepared delicious food and the service was outstanding.

I would go back right now, only she is in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.

Were do those rumours come from???????

Happy Saling

In case anyone is interested in the Windstar refit, I received this response from Wind Star.

Thank you for your email. The Wind Star will be receiving all upgrades at the end of this month, so it will definitely be refurbished by the time you sail with us next September.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Best regards,

Marketing Coordinator

Windstar Cruises

Wenneke, thanks for your posting because I'm very pleased to hear from someone who has had recent experience on WindSurf. We've just booked a trip on her for next autumn, and I've been very concerned by some of the comments on this forum about how poor the service and the experience has become since the new management. Yours is the first current posting that seems to show that the WindStar experience is still a good one.

We were on Wind surf in October and it couldn't have been better. I can't compare it to previous since it was our first Windstar cruise, but I can't wait to go again. Crew and officers were first-rate, the food and ambience excellent and the ship was in beautiful condition.

I can't imagine what anyone could find to complain about.

Archived