Hotels in Quebec City/New York City

SoCalifKim

I am planning to the Canada/New England Cruise at the end of Sept/beginning of October 2008 on the Sea Princess. Any suggestion on hotels that are near the cruise terminals?

Thanks

Kim

We stayed in the Holiday Inn Express on Union Street in Brooklyn. About $75/night cheaper than the Brooklyn Bridge Marriot. Not close to the terminal, but was simply a $14.00 taxi ride away and took about 10 minutes to get there. The Holiday Inn is fairly new, opened in 2006, really nice rooms, staff is super helpful, right around the corner from a great diner and right around the corner from the subway.

Hotel 71 is located in the lower town of Quebec City and is within walking distance of the cruise port. We've stayed at this boutique hotel and absolutely loved it. Check out their website: http://www.hotel71.ca/

Hopefully you'll be staying in Quebec City for at least 2 nights beforehand. The old town is not to be missed. Here is a link to Quebec City's tourism ... http://www.quebecregion.com/ There are other options for accommodations that you can consider on this site. I recommend staying in Old Quebec ... charming and close to the port.

Bon voyage!

In Quebec, any hotel "inside the walls" is going to be a short cab ride to the pier, and put you in walking distance of great things - like the ramparts and the Hotel Fontenac (which can be very expensive). Any hotel in the lower city is also going to be even closer to the pier. The entire area is very compact, just a matter of a literally a couple of miles.

Try a boutique hotel in old Quebec, we had excellent results doing this, and found it absolutely part of the charm of the city.

New York - prior posters have better info than me.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise!

Another Viewpoint for New York:

I dont know the difference in cab fare to the Brooklyn Port Terminal from West End or some hotel near the terminal. If one is going to New York, no matter how many times one has been there, to stay within walking distance of Times Square is simply an added vacation. If you keep monitoring Hotwire and TravelZoo, you will find good deals -- a lot more expensive than the hotels near the Pier but a chance to enjoy New York. Our hotel The Roosevelt ended up costing us $300 for one night including all taxes, full breakfast for 2 and tips for breakfast in Oct 2007. There are many other better bargains that come up. Because we were sailing from New York Port, the cab fare was only $10. Yours would be more. /Sultan

I am planning to the Canada/New England Cruise at the end of Sept/beginning of October 2008 on the Sea Princess. Any suggestion on hotels that are near the cruise terminals?

Thanks

Kim

Just returned from the Grand Princess (Quebec City to Fort Lauderdale). Staying pre-cruise in Quebec City is a must. So much to see and do. I talked to several CC members who stayed at the Chateau Frontenac. They said it was overpriced and next time they would probably stay elsewhere.

Several other CC members and myself stayed at the Hotel du Vieux Quebec. Lovely little hotel, lots of restaurants nearby and I'd definitely stay there again. Just a short cab ride to the pier.

We organized a pre-cruise dinner for CC members (25 of us) at the D'Orsay Pub on Rue Du Buade. Marcel, the owner was delighted to host us and everybody said what a great evening it was.

Why do you need a hotel in Quebec City? Aren't you planning on returning with the ship to NY?

We will be on the Sept. 28 sailing - join us!

I planning on doing the Sept 23rd cruise from Quebec to NY or October 03 from ny to quebec...

Chateau Frontenac is beautiful but it is way overpriced. I know when we were in Quebec city last May they were doing a lot of work to the hotel so make sure that has finished.

There are really great B & B's in Quebec city all over the old city that I would recommend.

Also make sure you have a crepe while there.

No question.

Quebec - Chateau Frontenac, as previously stated. The classic Quebec hotel.

New York - Waldorf=Astoria. The classic New York hotel.

Matthew

Agree with Matthew. Although expensive both these hotels are delights. I try to use Hilton points to stay free at the Waldorf, otherwise it could blow your budget. Last time I paid for the Waldorf, about two years ago, I got a good deal though. $229 per night including breakfast at Oscar's (a must).

We just stayed in Quebec City on October 16 and 17, pre-cruise. What a great city. We stayed at the Hotel Dominion. Awesome is all I can say. Ask for a room in the new section of the hotel, which we did, room was very nice. Very clean and roomy. Great amenities. Free bottled water in room, etc... The staff was incredible, could not do enough for us. Free help yourself 24-hour espressos and cappucinos in lobby. Walking distance to everything. Can see cruise ship terminal and ship from the hotel. A short walk down a small street to pier. We will definitely stay there again when we return to that wonderful city.

Hotel de Pierre on rue St Genevieve.. right near Frontenac, close to everything and great family run small hotel.. been staying there since 1984! We were doing this itin but decided to do a Quebec land vacation and save on airfare.. it will be divine. You will adore Quebec... be sure to have a meal at Aux Anciens Canadian.

Hotel Port-Royal is also a great boutique hotel - it's in the lower city, very close to the port (as you can see in the picture below). All rooms are suites, and you can great packages that include breakfast and dinner. Just a beautiful place. http://www.hotelportroyalsuites.com/

newfront.jpg

Hotel Dominion is a great hotel - part of Le Germain hotels. They do know how to treat people well.

These two would be my pick over the Chateau Frontenac which has its charm, but rather than staying there, go for a drink!

As for restaurant, there are tons of great ones. One of Quebec city celebrity chef is Daniel Vezina, and his restaurant, the Laurie-Raphael will certainly give you one of the best food experience - pricy, but worth it!!

http://www.laurieraphael.com/accueil.html

Have fun!!

MC

Archived