Captain your own river boat?

SDMT

I am sure that you could do this, but they have an option of riding in the guide boat as a passenger, and it costs less.

Just wondering if you got enough people to go and how was it? I am getting on the Pearl same day as you are getting off. Unfortunately, I won't know until I get home and check this out unless of course you get on-line while on the ship and let me know... lol I really want to do this but having no luck so far getting just 2 more people. :( But I'm going to keep trying.

Either way hope you have a wonderful trip whatever you end up doing.

If anyone is going to be in Belize on 1/21 and wants to do this please let me know so we can book this!

So far, we have not been able to get this booked due to the minimum. No one else in my roll call of 92 people wants to go either. If we don't get booked by Monday, we will probably do the cave tubing with Major Tom.

hello...can you tell me..did you all book this excursion through your cruise, or on your own. I'm not seeing anything like this offered through our cruise on RCCL in August. Can you post a link for me? Thanks.

here it is:

http://www.coralbreezetours.com/current_category.15/Product.152/tours_add.html?t_product=152

my DH and I are very interested in this tour but they need 4 people at least for signing up. We will cruise with carnival miracle and will be in belize on 1/20 . Any one else is interested in this tour that day?

You might try your sailing's Roll Call board and maybe even the roll calls for the other ships that will be there too. I posted on my roll call, but no luck -- hope you have better luck. We gave up and booked cave tubing with Major Tom.

• 4 weeks later...

We're on the Carnival Legend the week of February 22nd and this tour is sold out! The only day in the whole month that it's sold out.

There are 4 of us so is there anybody else that does this tour besides Coral Breezes?

Check out thewetlizard dot com web site...They mention tour excursions and mention Captain you own boat beach combo. I am waiting to hear from them on this since it also has time at the beach.

Hey all.. we booked this for Carnival Legend Cruise 3/15/09. I realized The Wet Lizard and Coral Breeze are 1 and the same basically. The Wet Lizard is the bar, yes they each have different websites but the info and everything else is the same.

If anyone else is on Legend 3/15 hop on and book there was 4 of us so we're good!! Looks like a blast!

Hey all.. we booked this for Carnival Legend Cruise 3/15/09. I realized The Wet Lizard and Coral Breeze are 1 and the same basically. The Wet Lizard is the bar, yes they each have different websites but the info and everything else is the same.

If anyone else is on Legend 3/15 hop on and book there was 4 of us so we're good!! Looks like a blast!

Will be on it 2/17 Will let you know!!

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome! There are six of us in our group and we are booked for March 15, 2009. I can't wait.......It sounds like a great excursion. Are the four of you all adults? My two children are going (age 15 and 12)

All of you going on this boat trip will be happy you did. We just got off the Glory today. We did this last tuesday, it was awsome. James and the Captain were our guides, and they do a great job of spotting wildlife. The trip thru the Mangrove tunnels will get your heart rate up a little. Just remember, when you are in the Mangroves, watch for them to motion you to raise your motor up. (We hit a few logs) Don't let the boat ride thru the city get you down, it is a very poor part of town, you will see some great sites. I will be home mid-week and will post a complete review.

All of you going on this boat trip will be happy you did. We just got off the Glory today. We did this last tuesday, it was awsome. James and the Captain were our guides, and they do a great job of spotting wildlife. The trip thru the Mangrove tunnels will get your heart rate up a little. Just remember, when you are in the Mangroves, watch for them to motion you to raise your motor up. (We hit a few logs) Don't let the boat ride thru the city get you down, it is a very poor part of town, you will see some great sites. I will be home mid-week and will post a complete review.

Thanks for the great review. I'm jealous! We wanted to do this last year, but couldn't get anyone to book with us. :( Although, we did have a wonderful time on the horseback riding tour.

Patiently waiting for a review - I'm really excited about this excursion! :D

I'd like to know what time you left and what time you got back. Did you have to rush to get to the ship? Do I need to pack snacks or do they stop somewhere?

TIA!

tampafish

Our ship arrived at 7 am Belize time. We meet the guy from Hammerhead sports at 9 in front of the wet lizard. Our two guides ( James and The Captain) were there about 5 mins later. We took a short 15 min boat ride thru the city. Be aware, this is a pour country and this part of your tour may be an eye opener, but don't worry. When we stopped to pick up the boats we were using, there was a store there that you could buy water, soft drinks, beer, wine, snacks, etc. They do accept $$. I think he said it was 2 Belize $ to 1 US $. The guides will give you a short course on the operation of the boats. They really are easy to drive, a little tricky at first. They will give you a chance to check yourself out driving around a little to get the feel. Then you are off up the river Wallace.

You will enter the Mangroves and this part is a little tricky. It is a narrow water way, covered by Mangroves, it's like being in a tunnel. Lot's of birds. alot of fun driving thru these tunnel's. At times you will have to raise your motor up to cross over logs. A little tricky, but the guides will get you thru ok. After the Mangroves you will go back to the river Wallace. We went about 30 miles up river spoting lots of wildlife. The guides are really good at spotting wildlife. You can stop as often as you like. We saw lots of Monkeys, a few Crocs and lots of Birds. You will return back down the river, back into the Mangroves and then back to the dock where we picked up the boats. They will then take you back to the Wet Lizard. We were in the boats about 4 1/2 hours. A little over 5 hours from the time we left the Wet Lizard till we were back. The Wallace river is really nice once you leave the city. This tour is one of the best we have taken in the last 10 years of cruising. We had time to eat luch and do a little shopping after we got back. The tenders back to the ship are only a couple of hundred feet from the Wet Lizard. The guides will make sure you get back in plenty of time. The last thing they want is bad feedback from someone missing a ship.

You will enjoy this tour.

tampafish

One thing I forgot. This is a rainforrest. The day we were there, it was really nice. There were a few clouds, but mostly sunny. BUT, when we were up river it rained, and I mean rained, for about 5 mins. Take along those cheap poncho type rain gear you can buy at wal-mart for about a $1.99. Also take along a plastic bag to put your cameras in. As far as bugs, we did not have any at all. Take along sun protection and use alot. The sun along with the wind (at times you will be going 35-40 MPH) will take its toll. We were all a little red when we got back.

We were there last week. here was three couples and the guide boat. This excursion is as good as climbing Dunn's River Falls or swimming with the stingrays. The only difference with our trip was we were running late so instead of back trough the mangroves, we went out the main river to the gulf to get to the dock. A fast short cut. Here's a few pics.

2146345317_independecebelize028.jpg.474cd3f85c3d29ab573f6b5f4c2d7a3d.jpg

981461184_independecebelize030.jpg.52d922d908992142e144b82b6e0740f8.jpg

795419921_independecebelize033.jpg.b7c90dc70049f1cab16fb66312a512a7.jpg

Catz4001

They are inflatable boats, that is what makes them safer. The "pontoons" on each side are made up of several compartments. Even if you punch a hole in one they will not sink. They also sit higher out of the water with lower drag so less likely to hit underwater logs etc. They are very quite, which makes it easier to find wildlife. I don't think there was a weight limit. I am over 260 and was never asked about my weight

This was a very fun day for us. At no time did I feel unsafe in any way, with the boat or where we were.

Thank you for the information....does sound like fun. The web site said weight limit 250...but I emailed them,,,said husband 6ft.7 in....and over the weight...but not real heavy...they said the boat is fine up to 600...so as long as we are under that we're good.

Our cruise isn't til 11/09 and they don't book that far ahead,,,but in another month or so, should be available...so I will definately try this.

thanks again

Archived