Dining Room Hours - PG

south seas sue

I just pulled out a fairly old Ia Orana, so the times may have changed, but they are listed like this:

Lunch: Le Grill 12-2

La Veranda: 12-2

Light snacks at Le grill 2:30-5

Afternoon Tea in La Palette: 4-5

Dinner: L'Etoile 7-9:30

Le Grill 7-9:30

La Veranda: 7-9 (this was one sitting then, if it's open now, the hours may have shifted)

ATA, we decided to book with Damien for a private snorkel with him in the afternoon - he says most snorkel trips are in the morning, so even though a big ship is port on the first day of our stay in BB, he feels the snorkel areas will be pretty clear in the afternoon. We are planning on doing the ship tour to the Lagoonarium the next day, so if the weather cooperates we will have two snorkel excursions on consecutive days............lets hope for sunny weather!

As you see, neither of these tours is a "sunset" sail - we plan one of those on Moorea.......

Again, lets hope we don't get a lot of constant rain and cloudy skies...

glenda

Glenda,

Just a tip on the logoonarium excursion. Don't do what I did and try and get out of the boat mid centre by yourself, as you could drop down and scrape yourself on the boat. Go to the front of the boat and let the guys help you into the water where it isn't quite as large a drop.

Pat

Thank you Pat - any tips for this awkward old lady are appreciated........

another thing, any of you ladies out there have trouble with getting on the ladders and back into the boat from snorkling? Egad. Get out the cranes. It is VERY embarrasing when you have to be hoisted up like a cargo crate into the boat. Not to mention having strangers push your bottom up.........oh well, if you can't do something without help, you just can't - sometimes you just have to get over being embarrased and be philosophical about your limitations, and just enjoy what you CAN do..

glenda;)

Me too Glenda, I hate ladders and always now look for boat excursions that have stairs that go into the water. The last ladder I tried was on the catarmaran we chartered in Barbados and that ladder was not big enough to put anyone's posterior on and bump yourself up backwards. But as I recall I don't think you even got in the water then after I said the current was too strong and got out. Don't feel too bad...... unfortunately we all are getting older and awkward!

Pat

Oh boy, do I agree! The ladders are fine as long as they go far enough down into the water. In the Turks last year, they let all of us old whales practically kill ourselves getting up a ladder that started at *water level*. Then later, blithely pointed out stairs that they had on the other side of the boat! Grrr. I haven't come across any like that in Tahiti, and all the tour operators I've had have been helpful and kind. After all, they have lots of "mamas" around in their culture.

Thanks Pat, Wendy and ATA - I feel (somewhat) reassured.......yes, they have lots of mamas, but not too sure those mama are foolish enough to want to climb up silly-looking ladders out of the water...........;)

I can always consider what the situation is once we're in it - Damien has assured me his ladder is long enough, but these well-built young males, what do they know! Hard for them to relate..........

At least I have my husband along, who is somewhat familiar with my backside, to push and pull when necessary.

:D :rolleyes:

Archived