Question about stateroom "coolers"/refrig.

newenglander58

Took my first cruise on DCL this June and we had a refrigerator/cooler in our stateroom and I also recall that 6-packs of beer - etc were available from room service. Do all the cruise lines offer this??

Planning a cruise for April '08 (DH first cruise) - still deciding on which line to go with for a Western Caribbbean - of course although on my 1st cruise I only treated myself to a mimosa with room service breakfast 1 morning (what a ttreat that was!!) - the above mentioned is important to DH - hahaha - priorities - priorities!!

Not all cruiselines (and not all ships within a particular line or even cabins on a particular ship) will have frigs. We pick cruises by itinerary and price. Once selected, we then find out if our cabin will have a frig; if not, we bring a cooler and get ice from the cabin steward.

The beer issue is tricky- most lines have some kind of beer promo- like a "bucket of beers" - just make sure they don't open them all for you at once!!!!!

Good luck!

I think Princess has refrigs in all the cabins. Carnival only has them for sure in the Conquest type ships. Im looking forward to Carnival Conquest Labor Day 08. Come join our roll call, good prices and several of us already booked.

Royal Caribbean I have never seen any refrigs in the cabins if that is important to you.

I would like to do Mariner or Glory out of Port Canaveral, its such a great port to go out of. I did B2B on SOV this fall to get double cruise credits, but would love the Mariner which has the ice show and rock walls etc. The Glory will have a refrig in the cabins. Try and get cabin 2462 or 2465 which are the secret 1As that have windows. We booked both those cabins on the Conquest. You get two windows compared to one window in a regular OV for the 1A price. Another advantage of a smaller port like Port Canaveral or Galveston is the hotels are much cheaper, you dont need to try and fight with Priceline and non refundable hotel prices during high season like you will with Miami or Ft. Lauderdale in the winter and hotels will more than likely have shuttles to the port at your service, some free.

Princess has the Caribbean Princess which I think still does Eastern and Western, its a great ship. Has MUTS and the seafood buffet and two anytime dining rooms so you dont wait to eat. Not every Princess ship has the seafood buffet the first night. I think I like Princess the best of the cruiselines if you can find a good deal.

btw Disney also alternates between Eastern and Western. I had a bargain price of $599 for Western Oct 2008 booked, but decided to cancel. Thats a really great price for Disney, we had a guarantee and they are pretty generous upgrading. Their cabins are good sized and their shows much more professional and they enforce the rules on adults only areas. People say oh Disney is too expensive, but once in a while you can find a bargain. Their cruises are rated 4 stars. I think Disney has refrigs in all cabins and also all their cabins above cat 11 have split designs, so its easier to get ready to go, one can use the sink in the bath with the tub and one can use the sink by the toilet.

....as you can tell I like them all for different reasons.

Royal Caribbean I have never seen any refrigs in the cabins if that is important to you.

It depends on the ship on RCCL. On the Radiance, Voyager (including teh Mariner of the Seas), and Freedom class all the cabins have fridges. On the Vision class, only D1 balconies and up have fridges. On the Sovereign class, only the suites have fridges.

It depends on the ship on RCCL. On the Radiance, Voyager (including teh Mariner of the Seas), and Freedom class all the cabins have fridges. On the Vision class, only D1 balconies and up have fridges. On the Sovereign class, only the suites have fridges.

I was on Rhapsody of the Seas and Sovereign. Im not sure what Rhapsody class is.

Archived