Direct from aboard Inspiration

Dannzzigg

Hey all!

Just thought I would check in from the internet cafe. So far, so great. I know many are concerned about their future cruise plans and their families safety and that of their homes, but I can always look at the bright side. Frances has given me an extra day (at least) aboard this wonderful vessel. I may not have a home to return to when we finally do debark (doubtful, but possible), so I am concentrating my attention fully on the matter at hand, which is enjoying our second night in Cozumel.

Imagine... My second night in Cozumel and we still have not made it to Carlos and Charlie's...

I am well into enjoying my second night, and I seem to have lost count of the drinks I have had today, so please pardon my typing...(the alcohol is probably what's gotten me to pay $55 for 100 mins access)

The cruise has been going extremely well. Granted, this is my first cruise, so I have nothing but what I have read here for comparison, but I can truly say that the crew has been wonderful in going out of their way to make our stay aboard their home a good one. The itinerary is varied from the rustic (Costa Maya) to the developed (Cozumel) with plenty to do at each port.

Our cabin steward, Rohan, has been excellent - filling some rather strange requests, and we are planning on compensating him rather well. Our waitstaff, Jason and Ronald, have also been a pleasure to be served by. They have fulfilled every one of my wife's peculiar tastes, and even let me get 'take-out' from the dining room one night when my wife and I were simply too tired from our excursion to make dinner on time.

I would like to particularly recommend one person - In the jewelry store aboard ship is one individual, Camelia, who has been a huge help to my wife in spending all of my money. I plan on making Carnival aware of her friendliness and great attitude.

The communication on the various changes to our itin. have also been handled quite well. As of right now we are scheduled to depart Cozumel at 4am Sun morning, followed by a day at sea with a possible return to Tampa late Monday or early Tues. this is a change from our earlier plan of leaving Cozumel at 3pm today for an early Monday return. They have been very concientious about notifying us of these changes via in-cabin announcements, under-the-door letters, and signs posted just about everywhere. They have also been posting printouts of the hurricane's path several times daily for the last few days to keep us posted. The pursers have also been very well informed, as they have been able to answer each question put to them.

Anyway... I'm off to find some more fun... I'll probably check back in sometime tomorrow...

To all those in the path of Frances, stay safe...

Thanks for your reply and glad your having fun. We were suposed to leave for our cruise today but of course Frances had other things in mind. Instead I am getting ready for a plane trip which probably will not occur. Our cruise is supposed to leave tomorrow minus one day of our cruise. We'll see.Enjoy the extra time and hopefully your home will be safe.

Archived